Page 141 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1847

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 141

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Saw this in the store today. Apparently cotton candy is being marketed as a "healthy food".

My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I feel like total shit. I felt it coming on, but was writing it off as other stuff. Saturday I was feeling kind of fatigued, but just figured I over did it with the chocolate covered macadamia nuts I had for "Fun Friday Movie Night" with the kids. Then on Saturday we went to a Chinese buffet for dinner. I avoided all of the obviously breaded stuff and stuck with meat, vegetables, and rice. When I felt worse that night I just assumed it was from all of the hidden crap in the Chinese food. When I woke up on Sunday I was all congested and felt like I had been hit by a bus. Still felt like shit this morning and had to call off of work. Hopefully it goes away by tomorrow so I don't have to keep missing work.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I did go to work yesterday, even though I didn't really want to. Made it through the day ok. I actually felt 100% today(except for some minor drainage, and my voice still sounds congested). I really wanted to workout today, but I forced myself not to. Being sick is stress on the body, so I figure recovery time after being sick is as important as recovery after a workout. Maybe tomorrow, but we'll see. Tomorrow is the oldest's soccer practice, and I want to go watch. I might be able to squeeze it in though. I'm off on Friday, so no worries either way.

We got about 4 inches of snow on Monday, about an inch tuesday, and about another inch this morning. This fucking winter is really getting to me. Thankfully it has all melted off, but the ground is kind of soggy. That is a pain in the ass for a guy who likes to workout outdoors.

Today's workout:

Double KB clean and press, 4 x 10
    Dumbbell rows, 3 x 12
    Double KB front squats, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 1 x 30, 1 x 20, 1 x 10
    KB swings, 1 x 50

Well, it didn't snow during today's workout. Nope...it was sleet. Not a lot, thankfully. The daughter's soccer practice was cancelled, so no schedule problems. I guess the field was to muddy, which never stopped us when I played soccer. Of course, I lived in South Florida where we may have occasionally had to wear a sweat-shirt to practice at this time of year.

Speaking of South Florida, I received a package in the mail today from Knaus Berry Farm. This was a U-pick strawberry farm where I grew up in the Redlands. They also sold baked goods, and had the most amazing cinnamon rolls in the world. Normally you would have to wait in line(sometimes for a couple of hours) to get them, but I guess the recently started shipping. My mom had 2 dozen shipped up to me. Very non-Primal, but they will be consumed on Easter morning. Too bad there isn't enough to share with the rest of the family .

Oh...note to self: I need to get that heavy sand bag soon. Doing squats with the kettlebells, the arms are getting fatigued before the legs. KB front squats are still a good tool, but I want a heavier option too.

Today's workout:

Double KB clean and press, 5 x 10
    Dumbbell rows, 3 x 12
    Suitcase squats, 5 x 12
    Push-ups,1 x 35, 1 x 20
    KB swings, 1 x 50, 1 x 30

The warm-up today was playing at the park with the kids. We did several races, me on foot, the littlest on her bike and the oldest on a scooter. The little one could tell I wasn't running as fast as I could and decided to teach me how to run. Apparently, you pick one leg up and put it down, and then the other leg up and put it down. Keep doing this real fast. I ended up looking like I was running in place while slowly moving forward to make her happy that I was "really running". It was more tiring than actually running. Then I played some soccer with the oldest. Oh, and it was freezing out there. Temps were in the upper 30's to low 40's. The area were the soccer field is located is in a valley between 2 hills and the the wind was blowing hard. It cut right through you and made it feel even colder. The weekend is supposed to be nice...hope they're right for a change.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I hope you enjoyed your Easter cinn rolls. Here's hoping winter is done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I hope you enjoyed your Easter cinn rolls. Here's hoping winter is done as well.
    I did enjoy them, thanks. i did pay the price, however. I weighed the pros and cons, knew the consequences, and made my decision. I owned the decision and have no regrets(just not on a regular basis...too painful!)

Today's workout:

Double KB clean and press, 5 x 10
    Dumbbell rows, 3 x 12
    Suitcase squats, 5 x 12
    Push-ups, 40-20-10
    walking goblet lunges, 10 steps up and 10 steps back x 2

Again, need a heavy sandbag. I like the suitcase squats(It kind of has a deadlift twist to it), but using the kettlebells still doesn't give enough weight to really get that heavy squat feeling. Maybe this week coming up. Last time I was in Walmart the didn't have any out, but now that spring is here and maybe they will put sand out for filling the sandboxes.

I think this weekend it will be time for some tabatas...it's been a while since I've done those.

Busy day today. Soccer practice for the oldest in the morning. Not to get all braggy, but for a kid that just started she kicks ass. They even put her in as goalie for a little while, and she was real aggressive and going after the ball no matter who was in front of her. After was their Campfire Girls award banquet. It was fun, lots of awards and pictures. For the food everyone brought something. We brought a rotisserie chicken. Knowing this area I figured It might be the only thing there I would eat. I was right. It was a battered-fried-pasta-fest. I ate some chicken, a little ham, and some green beans with ham and potatoes. i wasn't there for the food anyway. Had to spend the rest of the day shopping(my least favorite thing in the world). We ate at a Mexican place for dinner, and I was not very impressed. I know it's the Ohio valley and I shouldn't expect much, but it was disappointing. I do have overly high demands when it comes to Mexican food, so maybe I'm being hard on them. I am Mexican from mom's side of the family, so I've had the real thing from family. I'll give them another chance. Maybe on a night when I'm being a little more free with my food choices(and margaritas are involved). Sometimes staying good primaly at a restaurant can limit your choices. But since I really like eating strict primal it won't be very often. I've had to many cheats lately and haven't liked the way I've felt.

And here's a funny thing that happened. Yesterday when I was working out, my father in law came out and saw me. Apparently he was unaware that I workout in the side yard of the house(since he looked surprised). He asked what I was doing, so I replied "just working out." He then said "Why? Is there something going on?" I told him no, I'm ding just to do it. What I was thinking was that was one of the dumber questions I've been asked in a while. He then added "Your doing in bare feet?" I got a confused look and said "No, I'm wearing shoes" and pointed down at my VFF's. Apparently they aren't shoes. I have a feeling he and his wife care more that someone might see me exercising and wearing those funny shoes. It seems that neither of those things are socially acceptable around here. Oh well, fuck 'em.

Oh...is it weird that I'm looking forward to trying to destroy myself with tabatas tomorrow?

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you're back at your inspiring workouts! I've been doing all Tabata stuff lately: tabata warm-ups with sledgehammer (every 20s a different arm or exercise), tabata SimpleFit (20s pull-ups, 10s rest, 20s push-ups, etc). Then kettlebell swings on a timer, but not a full 4 min (almost, though!).

Timing it adds intensity just by virtue of knowing that the clock's ticking. I've got you to thank for making that move! It's really been helpful. I was so blah over the winter that I haven't advanced anything. I haven't regressed, but definitely no gains.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)