Page 139 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1918

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 139

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, I am sad to say that I do absolutely nothing to pay your salary. My only supplements are coffee, scotch, and beer.
    You forgot about bourbon.
    Georgette

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    That's cool...Actually I could go two fingers of some of the Canio line of supplements right about now, maybe a nice 50 year old. Or maybe as the George Thorogood song says "One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer."
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I've always liked John Lee Hooker's version myself.

As for those enzymes... sounds like fuckin' CS gas!! Jesus H.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    In college I attended a fraternity's "Bourbon, Scotch and Beer party" at Cornell. To start out the night, they played the song and the "Challengers" had to drink a shot of each, every time the chorus came up. The results were not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    In college I attended a fraternity's "Bourbon, Scotch and Beer party" at Cornell. To start out the night, they played the song and the "Challengers" had to drink a shot of each, every time the chorus came up. The results were not pretty.
    Ahhhh, college....I wish I was able to remember those days. But when you are the king of the keg stand, the memories get a little fuzzy.

I never did get in a workout. This was one of those weeks stress-wise, and I just needed to relax a little. I figure a workout is more stress(even though it is normally the good kind), and I'm really not doing myself any good by adding more.

You know how they say red wine is good for the heart? Well, I made my heart healthy as fuck last night. May not have been the best thing in the world to do, but it help blow off a little steam.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Well, I've been gone for a while. 10 days without being on here. I wish a could say it was I was off being a primal bad-ass, but I've haven't been doing anything that exciting.

My workouts have still been off. Not because I don't want to do them, but because I just haven't had the energy to do them. I'm pretty sure I know why. It may be time for me to put an end to my 1 big meal a day IF experiment. I'm going to have to incorporate lunch back into my day to fuel things. I won't get to workout fasted like I usually like to, but the schedule of the day just doesn't allow for it. I'm thinking of making lunch something simple like a couple hard-boiled eggs and maybe some fruit or some kind of vegetable. Something that will sit well in a cooler in my car(maybe baby carrots or something). Anyway, spring is almost here, so I am looking forward to getting outside more. This past weekend the kids and I got a head start. It was still cold but we spent a good part of the day playing outside. Saturday it got into the 40's so we were probably out for a good 5 to 6 hours. Sunday got colder again, but we were still out for almost 4 hours(bundled up, of course).

This is pretty accurate.

My oldest asked for some scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning, so of course I was happy to make them for her. Unfortunately she is used to grandma making them for her. She was watching me and asked "what's that n the pan?" I said that it is the butter melting. She wanted to know why I didn't use PAM like grandma. Lots of different things popped in my mind to say, but most were inappropriate to say to a 7 year old. I simply said because Pam is bad for you and butter is good for you. I gave her the eggs and she happily ate them. Then she said something that almost brought a tear to my eye. She said "Daddy, can I have some bacon?"

Oh, and I am feeling better since increasing my meal frequency. 2 meals a day during the week and 2-3 on weekends. Energy level is up. Haven't worked out though, since everyone in the house has a cold right now. I've said it before, schools are like a petri dish...who knows what they bring home. But the good thing is I have the energy again to get started. I experimented and found it didn't work. Not mad about it. It was a learning experience.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    *sniff* you raised her right.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Awww, bacon love! Good kid!
    Georgette