Page 135 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 135

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is a tough situation. I am in the same boat being the only Primal person in my house. My husband brings home all kinds of junk for he and the boys to eat. Then he'll turn around and cook dinner and not eat a potato because he is cutting his carbs. ????
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

canio6 Guest
    Gheesh, that is rough man. It's hard to fight Grandparent 'logic' They are old and wise and everyone loves Grandma/pa. That said, your kids are young enough to wisen up in a year or two with what you tell them.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Man, that's sucky. It's also why I ate my grandparents.

I mean... nothing!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It's also why I ate my grandparents.
    HAHA....I hear they are very high in CLA, so there is that added benefit.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Man, after this week, I'll be prepared to eat everyone I have an issue with. Or at least burn them. Right now, I'm taking care of a German shepherd, a Malumute Husky and a Bull Mastiff puppy. Also a decrepit, deaf cat. I miss my shitty little apartment.

PS: Dog farts are the worst. Jesus H.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Sure, it was the dog. Likely story.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

finding that i spend a lot less time on here lately. I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been able to keep up with all the other journals. I would have like 10 pages to go through to get caught up on everyone. I will catch up eventually.

I am a lazy fucking bastard. Despite all my talk, still no real workout. Got a little today from shoveling snow and sled riding. Climbing a snow covered hill is a bitch. We got around 6 to 8 inches yesterday(made for a fun drive home from work). I do feel the motivation coming back. I think it may be because the days seem to be getting longer and there is more daylight(or maybe it's my imagination). Here's another little winter observation: since I've been having to wear my crappy old shoes due the cold, and can't spend as much time barefoot, my lower back seems much stiffer. Maybe it's unrelated. Maybe it's just my total lack of physical activity(other than work, which does keep me moving at least). Either way I need to work on flexibility.

Having spent a little time now in the Ohio Valley, I have come to the conclusion that this may be the most obese and unhealthy place in the country. I went to get a haircut, and the poor old guy cutting my hair was was getting out of breath from the activity. He couldn't even stand up to cut my hair. He had to sit and I had to scrunch down in the barber chair for him to reach. Then, the other day I was grocery shopping in Walmart(I know). It's one of the Super stores so half groceries and half normal walmart stuff. Half of the registers are on the grocery side and half on the other side. I went to check out and saw that all the lines were like ten people deep. I looked down to the other side and saw no one, so I walked on down and checked out. I said to the cashier that it was weird that the lines were so long on the other side when it's empty down here. Her answer was "They don't like to walk this far." Wow. It made start thinking of my fantasy of becoming a personal trainer. I thought this is an area that is in need of something like that, but it is also an area where people are not that likely to take part in those types of activities.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    If you moved west a bit or even into southern Ohio it could happen. Walmart is one of those lesser of the evils places. We all dread it and we all go there.
    Georgette

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Man, after this week, I'll be prepared to eat everyone I have an issue with. Or at least burn them. Right now, I'm taking care of a German shepherd, a Malumute Husky and a Bull Mastiff puppy. Also a decrepit, deaf cat. I miss my shitty little apartment.

Dog farts and dog burps are equally as bad.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!! First workout since late October! I think now that the first one is out of the way the rest will come easier. I tried to keep it simple. Nothing too crazy. Still might be sore tomorrow.

So...today's workout:

1 Pull-up(alternating with chin-ups), 2 push-ups, 3 squats ---- Max sets in 15 minutes

It felt good to finally do something. I'm reeeeeealy looking forward to being able to do more outside though. After the workout I did my usual post workout cold shower. WOW! It was cold. I mean like can't feel my shoulders(not to mention other more sensitive extremities) cold. I feel better for it though.

Did I mention I'm sick of winter? It was fun sled riding over the weekend, but I had to call off from work today because of freezing rain. at 5 am I ice-skated out to my car, took one look at the driveway and road, said "fuck this", and ice-skated back to the house. I took the dog for a walk and damn near broke my neck trying to walk in the ice and slush.