Page 134 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1918

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 134

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hope everyone had a good christmas. I had a good, although non-primal, time. Kids were very happy with what Santa brought them, even though he was on a tight budget this year. I have had a bit too much peanut butter pie and cookies, though.

I was taking my dog for a walk this morning and a thought came into my mind. My dog is very slim and muscular and she doesn't need a workout regimen. Her only workout is "BE A DOG"(that I know of, anyway. Maybe she sneaks out every night to some canine crossfit while I sleep). I can't help but wonder where humans went wrong.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I was headed to work today, but had to turn around because the roads were too bad. Here is what the weather looks like here(You'll see my car stuck at the bottom of the hill):

You'll see the snow is up to the 10 on the little measuring stick, and was still coming down.

My workout today was shoveling out my car and getting it out of the ditch. I worked up a good sweat under all the clothes. When i stopped to take a break was steaming. And hey, I only slipped and fell 3 times!!!

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, we got pounded, too. I think we got 12-13" of snow up here on Weds/Thurs. Friday was clear and sunny, though. I also had to shovel and it was a damn good workout!

Glad to hear you all had a good Christmas, Dave!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

HA!

Holy Fuck, will it ever stop snowing!!! It's a good thing I had a very uneventful New Year and fell asleep early, because I will be out trying to remove snow and ice from the driveway to make it somewhat passable. It doesn't help that the driveway is a long gravel road at about a 45 degree incline. Oh, and my boots suck. They are meant for the street not trekking through the snow. I had been wondering about a good minimalist boot for winter, but now I just want something that is insulated, water proof, and gets decent traction. I'll worry about the barefoot thing when it thaws.

Hope everyone had a good holiday and that the hangovers aren't too bad.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, is that what real snow looks like? We got less than 3" here yesterday and you would have thought it was a blizzard by reactions.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Why have I not seen this earlier? This may be the greatest invention ever!

And this just scares me. Meatless chicken flavored ham? What sort of abomination is this?

This is why I'm an atheist(well, maybe not the only reason). How can you claim that there is a god when something like this is allowed to exist?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Salad bowl is great. Vegetarian chicken flavored ham...eh, yeah, that is just wrong on so many levels.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Sabine is offline Senior Member

To both of them.

But in different ways.

Things have been annoying me lately. The in-laws in particular. They have gotten my youngest hooked on wanting pancakes for breakfast every morning. So much so that they will make up a shit load of them and freeze them so they are always on hand. They then top them with Country Crock shit spread and pour "Lite" imitation syrup on them. I read the ingredients, and apparently it is "lite" because it is slightly watered down maple flavored corn syrup. My oldest wants to eat nothing but cereal because "that's what grammy and grampy are eating." I'm no a Nazi about it. I know they are going to eat junk sometimes, but lets try and stick to real food when we can. Then this morning, as my oldest was reading the cereal box asked what a calorie is. Grandmother says "Those are the things that make you fat. The less of those there are the better the food is for you."What!?!? No, that's not quite it. I was in the other room and couldn't really give a short explanation that a 7 year old would understand. How do you explain that it is just a unit of heat and doesn't fully explain what your body does with it or how nutritious a food is. I get a little annoyed when my in-laws want to share their "wisdom" on health and nutrition that is pretty much opposite of what I say. They are both in HORRIBLE health and take a pharmacy worth of medication every day. Grandma is the definition of skinny-fat. I have never seen a person with less muscle mass in my life. She is both thin and squishy. The list of ailments that grampa has are to long to list, and almost all would be reversed by changing his lifestyle(and be more like me).

OK...that's enough bitching and moaning for today.