Page 133 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 133

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow, I didn't even know that women's digestive enzymes existed let alone that they are so versatile and can be used to replace a facial peel.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Wow...looking back through my journal I realized I haven't done a workout since 10/20. I've been slacking way too much. It's not that I'm lazy. I've just had shit to do, and the workout had to be postponed. Need to start making time, though. At least at work I'm active and on my feet all day, so it's not like I'm just stagnant all day. I've been thinking of getting a real heavy kettlebell to get in a low rep/high weight workout in. They can be pricey, so we'll see what I can find on ebay or something.

Today we are taking the kids to see the Nutcracker in Pittsburgh. It will be all of our first time at a ballet. Tomorrow we go to the mall to see Santa. and then go to a restaurant of my choice for a birthday lunch/dinner. B-day isn't actually until the 12th, but that's a work/school day. Holy fuck, I'm going to be 40!!! I'm getting fucking old.

Looking at old pictures the other day, my oldest said "Daddy, I remember when you had a really big belly." It was nice to hear it in the past tense. Then she saw a picture of me in college and said "Your hair looked like girl!" I did not look like a girl!!! I had long hair and was a bad-ass!
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    40 is the new 20 or something like that. As for long hair, yeah, you probably looked like a girl. Sorry to break it to you.

You haven't worked out since 10/20? If it makes you feel better I haven't either. Of course that was 10/20 2009.

Not the best food-wise lately. Wed. was my birthday and the kids threw a surprise party for me that was pizza and cake, and I ate a lot of both. Then yesterday the family reeeeeeeeeaaaaly wanted to go to this Italian place for dinner, and I was in no mood to fight it. I might have been able to put together a primal meal there, but said fuck it and ordered the sausage and peppers with linguini, and also had a good amount of their bread dipped in herb butter. Later I had some macadamia nuts. Those are normally primal, but these were surrounded by cookie and white chocolate chips. I knew what I was doing and I paid the price. All the usual crap I feel and a new one too. For some reason I was itching like crazy, almost like allergies.

I'm planning a new experiment. I normally eat twice a day, but I'm thinking of skipping lunch at work and just eating one monster meal for dinner. I'll give it a week and see how I feel.

Still have been bad with the workouts. Need to get on that.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Later I had some macadamia nuts. Those are normally primal, but these were surrounded by cookie and white chocolate chips.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had fun with family (and food). : )

Now get back to those awesome workouts.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Day 2 of the one meal a day experiment. Lunch today at work is water and chewing gum. I feel fine. Not all that hungry. Last nights meal as only a little bigger than normal. I will need to make sure protein is enough, because, yes, workouts will be resuming.

canio6 Guest
    Good luck. Keep us updated, you know, because we are nosy bastards.

First workout in a long time today!!! It was an unplanned one too. It snowed a little and we have a couple of inches on the ground. Just enough for some sled riding. Here is the workout: place 1 or 2 children in the sled and then drag it up the hill. Repeat about a dozen times. Te best part is as you rest between sets you get to sled ride down the hill.

My one meal a day thing has been workout out really well for me. I find I'm really not that hungry skipping lunch. I think the hungry feeling is more of just out of habit from eating at that time everyday. I was a little surprised to see that my one meal, although pretty big, is not as big as I thought it would be. In reality it's just a little bit bigger than an average meal. But now I don't see my evening macadamia nut habit as problem.

And FYI, my dog FUCKING LOVES SNOW!!!! I was wondering, her being a Florida dog and all, how she would respond to it.

Oh, here's something that bothers me. My mother in law was making my daughter eggs for breakfast because she knows I'd rather her eat real food, but cooked it in this:

She kind of misses the whole point of what I'm saying about stuff.
    Last edited by skink531; 12-22-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: forgot something

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    But... at least she seems to be trying! Baby steps. (Then an ass kicking.)

Merry Christmas, my friend!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)