Page 132 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1918

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 132

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I wonder what kind of impression my oldest daughter's teacher must have of me. She brought home a picture they made in class of what they are thankful for. My daughter said her family and drew a picture of all of us. When she came to drawing me, she drew me with no shoes and made sure to draw each toe so as not to think I just had flesh colored shoes on. Other people in the pic, shoes. Me, no shoes. And this isn't the first drawing either. The teacher is not exactly an "outside of the box" type person. She probably thinks I'm some kind of weirdo lifestyle freaky person. Oh, wait...I am. Never mind.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I'm preparing for a day of debauchery tomorrow. It may not be very Primal, but I may attempt to eat my weight in pie.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I'm preparing for a day of debauchery tomorrow. It may not be very Primal, but I may attempt to eat my weight in pie.
    I expect a full report. If much pie is not eaten I will be most disappointed. If much pie is eaten I will be most jealous
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well Canio you will not be disappointed. I think I would have made you proud, or maybe even a little disgusted. I ate so much that I woke up with a hangover and didn't even have a drop of alcohol. I'm still waiting to hear back from the guiness people about the amount of pie that was consumed.

Three days of the PB train being off the rails. Observations: 1) My lower back pain that had just about disappeared is back. In the old days I wrote it off as an unavoidable result of years of contact sports, but now I think differently. 2) My tinnitus is at a deafening level. It's never gone, but rarely is it this loud. 3) I'm REALLY thirsty. 4) My gut looks like I'm about 6 months pregnant.

I feel like crap, but I don't regret anything. I still think it's good to go a little crazy every once in a while. Who wants to feel like they're missing out on something? That just leads to wanting to cheat more regularly. But the biggest thing is that it is a big reminder of why I eat and live the way I do, and makes me enjoy it even more. Looking forward to some clean PB eating.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    It is good to take note of the negative effects of fun with food. Not for the purposes of regret but for future reference.

I get the aches and pains plus the tinnitus and my bad leg swells up. Plus as a woman I get all the stupid hormonal / emotional results as well. I'm glad to be back on track too.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

the negative effects of fun with food
    That made me laugh. Great way of putting it. I'm glad I don't have the emotional side of it, that would suck. I keep trying to convince my wife that she would do much better if she would just make the change. She is convinced she doesn't have the will power. She's constantly battling anxiety and depression and falls back on junk food as a way of feeling better, but it actually makes her feel worse.

Today I decided to fast for a good part of the day. Just my coffee so far today. So that puts me at about 16 hours so far, and starting to get a bit hungry.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Well Canio you will not be disappointed. I think I would have made you proud, or maybe even a little disgusted. I ate so much that I woke up with a hangover and didn't even have a drop of alcohol. I'm still waiting to hear back from the guiness people about the amount of pie that was consumed.
    <3 well done sir, well done.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I keep trying to convince my wife that she would do much better if she would just make the change. She is convinced she doesn't have the will power. She's constantly battling anxiety and depression and falls back on junk food as a way of feeling better, but it actually makes her feel worse.
    Tell her she should read my journal. I've often been weak willed in the past two years and yet I have still reaped the benefits of living this lifestyle imperfectly.

Women's digestive enzymes. I'm sure they are very healthy and beneficial when taken orally. But, just some advice, don't put it on your face. It starts as a small itch and then starts to burn like 10 mother fuckers. When your done you have a lovely rash. You're going to have to take my word on this one.