Page 128 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1952

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 128

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Marcadav, that's exactly what we have been doing. I think I have washed just about everything we own. My wife and I have been working in shifts going through the girls hair.
    I'm glad you are working as a team. I dealt with this issue as a single mom with 3 affected kids.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Ouch, man! Glad the job seems to be going well and time passes quickly, but damn... lice. That sucks. Maybe you should nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Dave, I had to deal with lice for the past 3 years with my 2 youngest and after a lot of research on my part, I found that the lice shampoos do not work. What worked the last time was getting a thick white conditioner(Pantene) and mixing that with baking soda until it became a paste. Work that through the hair then comb out the nits. I did this daily for a week until there was nothing left. For daily use, get a coconut based shampoo/conditioner and add in drops of tea tree oil. Suave makes a good coconut shampoo. Good luck with this.
    Georgette

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Patrick, we must be soul mates. I was thinking the same thing!

My sympathies, Skink. <shivers>

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ugh. Lice. My worst nightmare. Feeling the creepy crawlies for you.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Tuesday's workout:

Whole bunch of pull-ups
    Whole bunch of push-ups
    Whole bunch of squats

Today's workout:

Whole bunch of pull-ups
    Whole punch of push-ups
    Whole bunch of of squats

Well, I've been keeping the workouts simple lately(as you can see). I got a doorway pull-up bar. wasn't even counting reps or sets. I would do pull-ups(alternating with chin-ups and parallel pull-ups) and do as many as i can, rest, and do it again until I can't do any more. Same with the push-ups and the squats. Short and simple, but it gives a pretty good workout.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

You said it right there: "do as many as i can, rest, and do it again until I can't do any more." It honestly doesn't get much more simple than that!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

Dug post holes.

Ok, so not really a workout. We're putting up some fence to make an area for the dog to run free. She's pretty good about not running off when off the leash, but I don't want her to be tempted to after a deer.

Last night was fun. Oldest came down with something and was running a high fever. Just before her fever broke she started laughing out loud while she was asleep. When we tried to wake her up, she just looked at us a laughed. Not sure if it was the fever doing it, or a reaction to the children's advil. Scared the hell out of us, though. Today she still had a fever, but not as high as last night, and threw up a couple of times. She's finally starting to feel better. She hasn't wanted to eat since yesterday at lunch, and finally wanted something a little while ago. Of all things, she wanted ice cream. Not like I could say no.

Saw this and the Poutinatar reminded me of Patrick. I'm sure you'll like like it.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Poutinatar! YES! I love it. Nice find, Dave!

Glad to hear your daughter is now feeling better. Frightening indeed. Never seen a laugh attack reaction to a fever or medication, but the body is a strange strange thing.

The scary part was that she was looking right through us like we weren't even there. It was kind of freaky. When she was little she'd had a couple of night terrors where her eyes would be open, but she was still asleep and in a bad dream and would be screaming. But this was a lot more freaky because she was laughing. The next day she had no memory of it.

Well, now it appears that I'm sick too. We were planing on taking the kids to a corn maze today at a farm market, but she's still not 100% and I feel like crap, so that's out. I was also planning on doing more work on the fence and getting a workout in, but that is out too. Maybe tomorrow if everyone's health will cooperate.