Page 127 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 127

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today's workout:

Stump removal. Well, getting started with stump removal. It is one big fucking tree stump. Spent about an hour swinging an ax to sever the roots around the stump. These fucking roots are as big as trees themselves. Only one small blister, so not bad. I was doing this with my father in law. I wonder if he was concentrating on his form to maximize the exercise benefits also.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

More ax swinging. I know it's supposed to be work, so is it wrong that I find it a little fun?

Oh, and how did i forget this, I finally got a job. Pay is only a small fraction of what I used to make, but it is a start. I will be working at a lab in Pittsburgh that manufactures vitamins and other supplements. Hopefully there is a place for me to move up there. I start Monday. The only down side is I start at 6am and will be waking up very early in the morning. On the plus side I will be home fairly early in the afternoon. So lets hope this turns into something more someday.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, Dave! Keep that attitude. There's always room for those who want to push themselves and promote/boost the business at the same time.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Glad to hear your good news!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Great news. I'm glad for you. Being home earlier in the afternoon will be great for hanging with your kids.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the job!!!
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Congrats on the job!!!
    +1
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Today's workout:

KB Snatches, 2 x 20
    Push-ups, 25-25-20
    Dumbbell rows, 3 x 15
    Dips, 1 x 20
    KB Swings, 3 x 30

Short workout, but intensity was high. Kept the rest periods to a minimum. Legs had a good burn going by the end of the swings.

Works going good. No complaints yet. On the down side, it can get a little boring and monotonous, but on the plus side I'm never sitting and move a lot. I guess I can check off the "move regularly at a slow pace" off the list for the day. There's an occasional "lift heavy things" but it's never that heavy. The day goes by pretty quick.

Well, the last couple of days have been real fun aside from work. Thanks to the lovely public school system my kids came home with lice. We washed with the special shampoo and used the little comb, but the next day the school nurse said she still found some eggs. Grrrrrr! that comb they give you is worthless. You have to manually pick each one out with your hands. I've had myself checked about 97 times and nothing is there, but every time I'm checking their hair I feel like things are crawling all over me. Hopefully we got them all this time.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=skink531;970060
    Well, the last couple of days have been real fun aside from work. Thanks to the lovely public school system my kids came home with lice. We washed with the special shampoo and used the little comb, but the next day the school nurse said she still found some eggs. Grrrrrr! that comb they give you is worthless. You have to manually pick each one out with your hands. I've had myself checked about 97 times and nothing is there, but every time I'm checking their hair I feel like things are crawling all over me. Hopefully we got them all this time.[/QUOTE]

First let me introduce myself by saying I enjoy reading your journal.

In regards to the lice, make sure you wash everything-clothes, jackets, bedding, backpacks etc. Heat pillows in the dryer. Wipe down toys, super clean the house, etc. Vacuum the car. Make sure to tell your kids not to share hats, combs, jackets,etc. See if the school has a policy for not having the kids store their jackets/backpacks all together in close proximity.

When my kids had lice I went and bought a flea comb from a pet store. If nits remained after shampooing and combing I had them put their head in my lap and I went meticulously, hair by hair, cutting the nit out/off.

And I can so relate to the creepy crawly feelings while dealing with lice.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Marcadav, that's exactly what we have been doing. I think I have washed just about everything we own. My wife and I have been working in shifts going through the girls hair.