Page 126 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1906

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 126

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Dunno about Yanks, but if you don't have a BBQ igloo, there's something wrong with you.

Jus' kiddin'. Up here in the Canuckland Wastes, people keep goin' till the first snowfall or until the weather drops consistently below 40F.
    Just so you know, here is a BBQ in an igloo:

I just like cooking things my own way and without interruption. Sharing someone else's kitchen makes that difficult. Cooking outside has been making me happy, but I may have to find an alternative for when it may be too cold. Maybe more crockpot stuff. But when you think about it, our hunter-gatherer ancestors would have been cooking over fire in the winter months(hell, the ice-age was like one really long winter), so why shouldn't we. Although a large fire in the middle of the tribes camp and my Weber grill are two different things.

Now for other new: I managed to trip in a hole while walking the dog and damn near broke my big toe on my left foot. Well, it felt like I almost broke it at the time anyway. Still hurts.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Grrrrr...today was going to a sprint day, but my fucking toe still hurts. How about some long kettlebell stuff instead.

Here's something I found funny. A long time ago a friend had a theory that everything from Pennsylvania to Kentucky was the same fucking place and everyone from there were hillbillies. He coined the term Pennsyltucky. It then became a joke with me and my wife that anyone who looked especially hillbilly or redneckish(is that a word) must be from Pennsyltucky. Apparently my 4 year old has been paying attention. The other day we took her to a birthday party and she looked at one of the other adults there who looked like he just came back from making moonshine and yelled "Mommy look. A Pennsyltucky man!"

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Pennsyltucky! Love it. There is a suburb on the SW side of Columbus that we all Grovetucky for the same reason. It's real name is Grove City. All the rednecks seem to flock there.

I grill out in winter as well. Wear a coat and you'll be fine.
    Georgette

Today's workout:

Tabatas --- 1 to 2 minute rest between them
    Snatches x 3
    Swings x 2

Push-ups, 3 x 25
    Dumbbell Rows, 3 x 10

Tabatas kicked my butt today. Felt good when it was done though. Before the workout I took the dog for about a 45 minute walk and made an observation. It was cold(for me anyway) and the grass was a little damp so I wore my old shoes with the thick stiff soles that I normally save for when cutting the grass. After a while of walking in them I started feeling pain in my lower back. I used to feel this all the time and just thought it was because I was too fat, getting older, sports when I was young, etc. It went away after going Primal. I had always thought it was the losing weight and anti-inflammatory diet, but could it have been the shoes? I also made the switch to minimalist shoes and going barefoot as often as possible around the same time. All the more reason to find a cold weather alternative for minimalist footwear. I plan on being outside a lot, cold and snowy or not. Especially now that Geo says it's not weird to grill outside all winter(Woohoo!!!...thanks Geo).

To summaries: Shoes bad. Grilled meat good all year round. Tabatas painful but good.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I've grilled steak when it was snowing out. Not a big deal. Probably some of the best steak ever too! We have 2 grills, a charcoal and a gas grill. Love using both.
    Georgette

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    OMG kids can be so funny and they always seem to come out with stuff like that at the least opportune moment.
    My middle son used to love the "Little Rascals" shows from the 20's. We don't live in a very ethnically diverse area, but I never thought about it until we were visiting my Brother in law and family in Boston. One of their children's friends came to visit, who happened to be African American. My son, who was 5 at the time, insisted on calling him Stymie. He also has Asperger's Syndrome and tends to get fixated on stuff. All day I had to follow my son around repeating "No Honey, his name is Isaiah." lol
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Just so you know, here is a BBQ in an igloo:
    Great picture! I know the Inuit use igloos for everything when they're out hunting or travelling ye olde fashion way. An igloo can get up to 16C (around 65F?) without any heat source other than human bodies! They're pretty damn awesome all 'round.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Well if the Soda Pop Board of America says so, then we should probably do it. I like the part about supplying all the "Essential Sugars".

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Dude, it promotes an active lifestyle and boosts personality! I MUST HAVE IT!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

I'm curious as to what is considered a "strict regimen" of sodas and other sugary carbonated beverages. And what are the other beverages they are talking about? Like cocktails or something? Maybe I should be buying my kids some bottles Bartles and James(do they still make those) as a starter kit.