Page 125 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1846

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 125

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good luck man. Anything is better than nothing. Remember, you are in WV, the pay will be shit. I think the cost of living is lower there than it is here in central Ohio.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Cement block clean and press, 4 x 15 - 4 x 10
    cement block toss, 2 x 15
    parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 12
    Push-ups, 25-20-20
    KB Swings 3 x 30
    Your workouts still put mine to shame, so here's a friendly and admiring "fuck you, sir."

Went to another job interview yesterday. The guy said he is recommending me for hire and I should maybe hear something by tomorrow. The pay is absolute shit, but it's full time and has benefits. He did tell me that the company is in the process of a major expansion and will be looking to promote from within. I was a little worried at first when his first words to me were "You're over qualified for this job." We'll see what happens.
    Starting low but having room for advancement is actually pretty kick-ass! What field would this be in, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm really rooting for you, Dave. Let us know what happens, no matter what. We're all hoping for the best for you and your family. (Also, I'm considering grabbing my parents' car in January and heading south. Let me know if you'd be game for a meetup, if this very tentative plan comes to fruition!)
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Haha...I take the "fuck you" as a true compliment.

The job would be in the distribution center for a big retailer. It's definitely entry level, but I can see working my way into other areas.

And yeah, if you happen to find yourself near Pittsburgh or surrounding areas let me know. I'd say I would show you the town, but I would probably get lost. I'm sure I could manage to find somewhere to buy you a beer though.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I'll definitely let you know if I happen to be in the area, or if I outright plan to get my ass there in the near future.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

Cement block clean and press, 10 x 10
    Parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Cement block toss, 4 x 10
    Goblet squat, 4 x 10
    KB swings, 2 x 30

No more than 30-40 sec. break between sets.

The short breaks made it pretty tough today, but it felt good.

Made chilli for dinner. I kicked up the spices a bit since I was the only one eating it. It tasted good, but I still had a sweat going 10 minutes after I was done eating. Too spicy for the rest of the family, but good for me. Since I'm ok with dairy I put in some sour cream and shredded cheese, and then garnished with some green onions. It was a big pot, so I'll be eating leftovers for the next few days.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

What's your recipe for chilly? I assume no beans?

Yep, no beans. The recipe is pretty simple. start wit some chopped bacon. When it's starting to brown throw in some chopped onions. When they are starting to get see through put in the ground beef and brown. I then throw garlic, chili powder, paprika, chipotle powder, oregano, and cilantro. No real measurements, just kind of wing it. Then 2 cans of diced tomatoes and some beef broth to get the consistency just right. Then let it simmer for a while. Simple...like me.

Simple is good. I'll give that a go! Thanks, Dave!

Today's workout:

Tabata Snatches
    2 min rest
    Tabata Snatches
    2 min rest
    Double Tabatas Swings

Push-ups, 3 x 25
    Dumbbell rows, 2 x 15
    Goblet Squats, 3 x 10

Workout felt good today. After I took a cold shower and then ate a banana, 2 scrambled eggs and a bowl of chili for breakfast(or lunch I guess since it was around 1pm). Tonight is steak on the grill.

Question for my Yankee friends: How late into the year can I continue to grill outside before it becomes weird? Is it wrong to be grilling while it is snowing?

PrimalCon New York
    Question for my Yankee friends: How late into the year can I continue to grill outside before it becomes weird? Is it wrong to be grilling while it is snowing?
    Dunno about Yanks, but if you don't have a BBQ igloo, there's something wrong with you.

Jus' kiddin'. Up here in the Canuckland Wastes, people keep goin' till the first snowfall or until the weather drops consistently below 40F.