Page 124 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 124

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Oh, and did I mention that I topped the ribs and sauce with bacon bits? Because I fucking did.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Exactly.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Scrolling through and saw the Pittsburgh stuff. I was born and raised just southwest of the city. Hated going there, most confusing place to drive. I guess with so many bridges and rivers, it's hard to make parallel roads, but I think they should level it and start over. It does have a beautiful skyline though.

And Pittsburgher's put fries on everything! I moved to CA and kinda miss having fries on a salad (even though I don't eat them often it would be nice to have the option!)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Hope things work out with the job.

Thanks KimT. Pittsburgh does look nice, but yes I did get lost(slightly). Make one wrong turn and you have to go ten miles out of your way to get back to the road you want to be on. there are supposed to be some really good farmer's markets there, so I may brave the trip again in the future.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

KimT is offline Senior Member
    I hated going there for the same reason. Nothing like driving and then being faced with a do not enter sign and a one way street. Very difficult to get around. It was always a joke that you can't get there from here and usually it was the truth. I tried hard to not cross a river.

The farmers markets and co-op in town are supposed to be good and I have friends that go often. I worked out (my husband was a partner) at a great gym in Bridgeville if you're ever in the area and looking for something indoors. I saw the pics of your outdoor space (awesome by the way!) It's mainly a kb, ropes, trx type place. They are holding a kb comp this weekend too. It's also the home of the Pittsburgh barbell club. It's a great place and there are great people.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I keep forgetting your in WV now. There may be a store that could help you with your winter shoe/boot dilemna. Shop The ROCKY Outlet Store There is an outlet store in Nelsonville, OH which is just north of Athens. I went to college in Athens so I remember going to Rocky Boots with some friends back in the mid 90's. Might be worth checking out.
    Georgette

Jar of macadamia nuts says number of serving per container is 7. LIES!!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Mauna Loa Dark Chocolate-covered Macadamias.
    Servings per bag: ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Mauna Loa Dark Chocolate-covered Macadamias.
    Servings per bag: ONE
    That's kind of what I'm having. Eat a few macadamias followed by a bite of 90% chocolate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today's workout:

Cement block clean and press, 4 x 15 - 4 x 10
    cement block toss, 2 x 15
    parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 12
    Push-ups, 25-20-20
    KB Swings 3 x 30

So the block toss is with an old hollow rectangular block(i'm guessing about 35 lbs). I grab it and throw it over my head behind me as far as possible, then run to it as fast as I can and do it again x 15. The running to it adds a whole other dimension to the workout. I was getting pretty winded.

Went to another job interview yesterday. The guy said he is recommending me for hire and I should maybe hear something by tomorrow. The pay is absolute shit, but it's full time and has benefits. He did tell me that the company is in the process of a major expansion and will be looking to promote from within. I was a little worried at first when his first words to me were "You're over qualified for this job." We'll see what happens.