Page 123 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 123

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You had a fudge weekend; I had a poutine weekend. Ugh. I still feel gross.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    You had a fudge weekend; I had a poutine weekend. Ugh. I still feel gross.
    It reminds us that we don't want to do it all the time.

They don't call it poutine around here, but french fries and gravy is really popular in the Northern WV/Pittsburgh area. I wonder if there is some Canadian influence in the area's past? It's a big hockey town, so maybe all the players that come down here left there mark(Mario Lemieux is a legend around here).
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    It reminds us that we don't want to do it all the time.

They don't call it poutine around here, but french fries and gravy is really popular in the Northern WV/Pittsburgh area. I wonder if there is some Canadian influence in the area's past? It's a big hockey town, so maybe all the players that come down here left there mark(Mario Lemieux is a legend around here).
    Possibly! I know fries and gravy is big in different places, but poutine has one more component: it's a bed of fries, then cheese curds, then gravy.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Possibly! I know fries and gravy is big in different places, but poutine has one more component: it's a bed of fries, then cheese curds, then gravy.
    Mmmmmmm....Cheese curd. Never had them that way, but it sounds good. I may have to try it.

OK. A serious question for all my Northern friends, since I am new at this. What would be a good minimalist footwear option for the winter months? I don't see the KSOs being a good choice in the snow.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I know of some people who wear Merrels(not sure if I spelled it correctly) in winter. I work with a woman who loves them and swears by them. The only minimalist type shoes I wear are my Chucks or my Pumas. Everything else is a normal type shoe.
    Georgette

I'm also interested in the responses you get, Dave. I need me a minimalist winter shoe. I wore my Docs for the first time today and my feet are killing me. Fucking shoes.

Today's Workout:

Warm-up of stretching, joint mobility, and a farmer's carry of 2 kettlebells outside from the garage.

Tabata KB Snatch
    Cement block clean and press, 6 x 10
    Tabata KB Swings
    Push-ups, 3 x 20
    Dumbbell rows, 2 x 15
    Double KB front Squats, 2 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 15
    ...and finally another farmer's carry with 2 KBs back to the garage.

Still looking around for a minimalist winter footwear option. I doubt I would find anything local, but maybe somewhere online. I kind of remember a minimalist "barefoot" hiking boot by someone, maybe Merrell, but not positive.

Every now and then I input my days food into a tracker to see what it looks like.

OH MY GOD!!! LOOK AT ALL THAT FAT!!! ALMOST 60% OF MY CALORIES!!!

Now I'm going to get an e-mail warning me how unhealthy I am eating.

Dave, you and I need to live closer together. I just made 2.5 lb of ribs, braised in a beer spicy Cairbbean sauce made by a guy here in Ottawa. Tossed in some broccoli, red onion and red pepper after 1 hr. Kept cooking it for 30 min. Removed lid and kept going for another 20 min. Then broiled for 3 minutes. Oh, and did I mention that I topped the ribs and sauce with bacon bits? Because I fucking did. I ate half of it and it fucking ruled. The problem is that no one appreciates my genius.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Every now and then I input my days food into a tracker to see what it looks like.

OH MY GOD!!! LOOK AT ALL THAT FAT!!! ALMOST 60% OF MY CALORIES!!!

Now I'm going to get an e-mail warning me how unhealthy I am eating.
    Hahahaha! LE FUQ YEAH!