Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 122

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Go, Skink, go! I'll be thinking of you.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Break a leg!!!
    Georgette

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Well the interview went ok, I guess. What was advertised as full time became part time once I got there, and the pay is pretty shitty. They did a group interview with about 15 or so of us, which I found a little annoying. It was time efficient for them I guess. I think I answered well. I didn't do what everyone else did, which was to say "Yeah, what they said" after the person ahead of them answered a question. They gave me a "Conditional Offer" which they made abundantly clear means absolutely nothing, and they can decide not to hire me at any time for any reason. I have to go Monday morning into downtown Pittsburgh for a physical and pee test(gotta make sure I ain't smokin' crack!). We'll see what happens. I will take anything right now. I shitty paycheck is still a paycheck. It doesn't mean I won't keep looking for something better.

Went to the park with the family today. I think I played on all the stuff as much as they did. I showed my oldest daughter how it's done on the monkey bars. After we had to run to Walmart to get some crap. The wife and kids wanted something to eat, so I gave in. We ended up at Ponderosa for steak and buffet. I haven't been in one of these places in about 15 years. I ordered a ribeye and potato with the salad bar. They asked me if I wanted butter and sour cream on my potato. Well sure I do. As I was sitting down, I looked at the receipt and saw it said "margarine / SC". Margarine?! WTF?!?!?! I found the waitress and gave a very vague reason why I am unable to eat margarine. She asked the manager who explained they don't use butter there, only margarine. They didn't have a problem changing mine to just sour cream. I knew they wouldn't acre for the real reason, so I made it seem more like it was a health issue or food intolerance type deal. I wasn't lying. It is a health issue. I like being healthy and want to maintain it.

I was going to workout today, but changed my mind. I don't feel too bad about it since I was pretty active today anyway. I'll make sure to get it done tomorrow when I get home from peeing in a cup. Oh...I have decided to start taking creatine again. I used to take it many years ago before I let myself get real fat. I took it for years, and had good results with it and never any negatives. I have been sort of at a plateau with my workouts lately. Probably due to all the recent stress cancelling out any progress i would make. Hopefully the stress is behind me and the creatine will be a nice boost.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

A group interview? That's the suck. Good luck on it though; a paycheck is a paycheck.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I hate group interviews. I get to go piss in a cup in a few hours as well. I drank a beer last night so I am drinking water like it's going out of style just to CYA. Like caveman said, a paycheck is a paycheck.
    Georgette

Physical went well. All the urine went into the cup without incident. Good thing I decided to give up meth, huh? Since I knew i would have to give a sample, I had been holding it in since leaving the house. By the time they called me back I was doing the dance in the lobby, and I begged to please do the urine screening first. the only minor glitch was that I had to have my BP taken again because it was too high the first time(which is weird for me since I've always been on the lower side). The problem was they took it immediately after the hearing test. That thing freaks me out and i always think I'm going to fail. I have had tinnitus since as far back as I can remember, and the tone that they are lightly playing in your ear for the test are very similar to the tones I hear all the time already. They said I passed, but I was actually sweating while sitting in the booth trying to concentrate. So there was a bit of a fight or flight thing still going on when they wanted to test the BP. they did it again a little latter and I was back to normal, so crisis averted.

I got to go into Pittsburgh for the test. It is a very confusing city, but I only got mildly lost and only added about 15 minutes onto the drive. It's actually a really nice looking city. I had a nice view from the doctor's office.

Here is the stadium(Guess I have to be a Steelers fan now)

And here is the downtown skyline.

I was going to workout, but I feel like shit. Since my youngest is now in preschool AKA "The Petri Dish", she already brought a bug home. First her, then the oldest, and now me. Fun times. I still will be cooking up some steaks here in a little bit, so it's not all bad.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

You can always be a Browns or Bengals fan. Or be like me, just don't affiliate yourself with any pro football team and then start watching during playoffs. I actually prefer that really. No one gets hurt and you don't feel bad when your team loses.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    You can always be a Browns or Bengals fan. Or be like me, just don't affiliate yourself with any pro football team and then start watching during playoffs. I actually prefer that really. No one gets hurt and you don't feel bad when your team loses.
    Well the Bengals are out for me ever since the Icky Shuffle. That just ruined them for me forever. I actually like the Steelers, and I won't stop liking my Dolphins(no matter how bad they are). And I'm not one of those fans that gets all butt-hurt when my team loses or someone criticizes them. It's just a game that's meant to be fun for me.

Today's workout:

Cement brick clean and press, 5 x 10
    Chin-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 20-20-15
    One leg squats, 4 x 10

Today's workout was short and to the point. Today was my first day not feeling like crap and all congested, so I didn't want to over do it. I feel pretty good now.

Yesterday I made pulled pork from this recipe at Everyday Paleo. It turned out fucking awesome. Just had some leftovers again tonight. It's cheap, easy, and taste awesome, so it may be a new staple around here.

Tomorrow we are taking the kids to The Old Time Fair that's nearby. The oldest went today with her class and brought home a beef chart from there. With any luck I will find a local farm to get beef from cheap.

Got back from the fair. It was smaller than I had expected, but it was fun. We're going to call this a carb re-feed day. Lets see, I had a sloppy joe(yes, on a bun), some fudge, nachos with cheese, some fudge, french fries, and what was that other thing....oh yeah, some fudge. In my defense, it was both chocolate and peanut butter fudge. I did mange to avoid the caramel apples, ice cream, and kettle corn. I may have some more fudge in a little while, you know, to make sure I get rid of it all so it won't be in the house anymore. I don't want everyone being tempted by it. I'm like a hero when you think about it.

Back to the clean eating tomorrow.

Today's workout:

Painted a shed.

OK, so not much of a workout, but at least I wasn't sitting on my ass all day.

Soooooo much fudge was eaten yesterday. I can easily I am DONE with fudge.....until Christmas