Page 121 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1918

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 121

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lets see...there's a deer, a bear, a bison, a moose, a wolf, and few others I can't remember(maybe an elk). I don't think I would eat a wolf, but the rest would be fair game. I've heard that bear is good depending on when it was killed. If is eating fish it will taste like fish, but when it has been gorging itself on berries and stuff it's not bad. I have no personal experience eating bear, but it's what I've heard. Deer, elk, and bison have all been on the menu.

Well, today my mother in law said she was making chicken for dinner. She knew I wouldn't eat the corn and stuffing they were having with it, but I could eat the chicken with them. Thinking that when she said she was making chicken meant that she was making chicken I didn't have anything thawed out for myself. It turns out that her idea of making chicken was to heat up some frozen, pre-cooked, breaded chicken cutlets that had some chemical coating on it to give it a buffalo flavor. I had to run and grab some ground beef from the freezer and that it out real quick in the microwave(which I hate using to thaw meat!). So my dinner was hamburgers with a big ass salad. What i don't get is that she still doesn't comprehend what things I do and don't eat. It's not like I new to the primal/paleo thing. I've been at it for over 2 years! I believe I have explained it once or twice. I know she means well, but it gets a little annoying.

Here's an observation that I have made living in the country that I never thought of before. When you have to mail a letter and you live on top of a hill, you get a little bit of a workout walking down to the mailbox and then trekking back up the hill.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I've been away for awhile. Looks like we're officially neighbors(minus at least 2-4 hours) but neighbors none the less. Been searching through here to see what happened to cause the move, but haven't seen anything. Welcome up north!
    Georgette

Hey Geo. Yep were kinda neighbors. It was an election year political pissing contest between republicans a democrats in the county, and the little guy(me) pays the price. It isn't worth it to piss and moan about it, so I don't. Just going to make the best of the situation.

So....Today's workout:

warm-up, farmers carry 2 kettebells from the garage out to where i worked out.

Tabata KB Snatches
    Tabata KB swings
    KB Clean and press, ladders 1-8 and back down
    Push-ups, 5 x 10
    Dumbbell rows, 2 x 10

And finally...farmer's carry with the kettlebells back to the garage.

So went to the store today that sells meat real cheap. You have to buy the whole primal cut, but they cut it for free. I bought a 17 lb. whole strip for $3.30 a pound. Just had to wrap them in butcher paper and put them in freezer bags. That and 10 lbs of ground beef for around $1.30 a pound. It's not grass fed, but it will do for now. I have been hearing more these days that although grass fed is better nutrient wise, it's really not so much that you need to worry about shifting funds around to get it when money is tight. I'll worry about sustainability issues and optimal nutrient ratios when the money situation improves.

had to fly back to FL to take care of some family business. I stayed mostly primal. Maybe a little more beer than my normal, and a rum drink or 3. They took me to a place called Mike's Pizza one night where i did indulge in some pasta with my sausage and peppers, as well as the greatest fucking garlic rolls every created. i may have had 6 of those. But other than that night the food was good.

On the way home I had to fly through Charlotte. There was a Marine in uniform walking with crutches. People were acting annoyed that he was in their way. What a bunch of worthless fucks. I treated this kid to some Starbucks. I wanted to show him that we aren't all douchebags. When I call him a kid I do mean kid. I had to tell him to stop calling me sir. I don't think he was old enough to buy a beer.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    It's not grass fed, but it will do for now. I have been hearing more these days that although grass fed is better nutrient wise, it's really not so much that you need to worry about shifting funds around to get it when money is tight.
    I don't do grass-fed. I'd love to, but money's tight for me, too. I do the best I can. We've got a place up here called Farmboy that is a pretty good grocery store. The food is of a good quality, even their meat. I grab meat there when it's on special. But yeah... do what you can, as you can. Don't let the pursuit of perfect ruin the good.

On the way home I had to fly through Charlotte. There was a Marine in uniform walking with crutches. People were acting annoyed that he was in their way. What a bunch of worthless fucks. I treated this kid to some Starbucks. I wanted to show him that we aren't all douchebags. When I call him a kid I do mean kid. I had to tell him to stop calling me sir. I don't think he was old enough to buy a beer.
    What's wrong with people these days? Just as people are disconnected from their food and the whole chain of events leading to them having it on their plate so too are they disconnected from their state of security and welfare.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

Max rounds in 15 min.
    5 push-ups, 2 pull-ups, 5 squats - total rounds = approximately a shit-ton(which is .985 metric fuck tons)

Cement block clean and press - 3 x 10

Today's workout was short but effective. The only bad thing is that between the pull-ups on the tree branch and cleans with the cement block, my hands are getting a little torn up. I may take some work gloves out next time, at least for the cement block(they have the occasional stray sharp edge).

I have come to the conclusion that I do better without breakfast(except for coffee of course). I'm really not that hungry in the mornings, so it's no big deal to not eat. Lately, after eating breakfast I find myself getting hungry around lunch time. I am normally a 2 meal a day guy, but lately after adding in breakfast it's up to 3 a day. Not that I'm turning into a big calorie counter or anything, but do I really want to add an additional 800-1000 calories a day(that's my estimate anyway, who knows how much really)? Besides, I think I function better without it. I had added it back with the thinking that fasting was another stress on the body on top of what I am already dealing with. But after my n=1 experiment I have started today with no breakfast, and feel good.

Oh...and other good news, I finally found my 90% dark chocolate up here.

I have come to the conclusion that I do better without breakfast(except for coffee of course). I'm really not that hungry in the mornings, so it's no big deal to not eat. Lately, after eating breakfast I find myself getting hungry around lunch time. I am normally a 2 meal a day guy, but lately after adding in breakfast it's up to 3 a day.
    I go off and on with breakfast. I want to try doing 30g protein within 30 min of waking up (4-Hour Body) on non-workout days and fasting still on workout days. I have to say that some eggs and ground beef works really well and eating immediately definitely gets my body working differently.

Oh...and other good news, I finally found my 90% dark chocolate up here.
    There is a god!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    ...who wants you to have chocolate!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    There is a god!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    ...who wants you to have chocolate!
    All hail the great and mighty Cacao!!! May he grace you with his chocolaty goodness.

But now on to important matters. So what is it about the first cup of coffee in the morning that makes you have to poop? It can't just be the caffeine. I wouldn't have the same reaction if I drank a Mountain Dew in the morning(not that I would want to do that anyway).

Today's workout:

Cement block clean and press, 4 x 15
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 25-20-15
    KB swings, 3 x 30

Good day today. After the workout I took an ice cold shower and cooled down. I then made burgers on the grill for everyone. I need a longer spatula though. All we have is a short one and I'm tired of singeing my knuckles. And of course I had my usual big ass salad. In a little while it will be chocolate time.

Tomorrow I have a job interview, so fingers crossed.

You can do eeet! (fingers are crossed)