Page 12 of 196 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 12

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Today was 50# sand bag. Went to home depot, bought a 50# bag of sand, and then wrapped it in duck tape to keep it from ripping.
    That is a damned good idea and cheap too. I wonder where I could store a 50# bag of sand...hmm....

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That is a damned good idea and cheap too. I wonder where I could store a 50# bag of sand...hmm....
    Yep, cheap and easy. Two words that describe me. I have a big sandbag that I used an old canvas duffle bag and filled it with contractor bags full of sand. I'm not sure how heavy it is. This one I used sand from the kids sand box and I never got around to weighing it. Its just heavy. I also made a medicine ball out of an old basketball I filled with sand. Gotta love sand. The next home depot projects are a mace and a free standing pull-up bar(tires of using the swing set, the wood hurts the hands).

canio6 Guest
    Yep, cheap and easy. Two words that describe me.
    Lawl.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Thanks, it did kind of kick my butt. I would like to do better, though. I guess it is a good thing never to be too satisfied with your performance. And yeah, I get more than my fair share of funny looks from the neighbors.

Geo, I didn't make my kettlebells, I took the easy way and bought them. The sand bag was easy. Today was 50# sand bag. Went to home depot, bought a 50# bag of sand, and then wrapped it in duck tape to keep it from ripping.

Since I have never bought sand, do they come in smaller bags?
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Since I have never bought sand, do they come in smaller bags?
    The only sand I've seen sold in a smaller bag is the colored sand that will cost more. You can get heavy duty plastic bags, I think they were contractor's bags. Fill them with as much sand as you need, seal them, then use the duck tape around that for strength.

Hmmmm, wonder if I can talk the hubs into bringing his duct tape home from work? I keep forgetting I have a friend that works at HD. She should be able to tell me.
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    You can also use a bag of cat litter or something. It's about the weight shifting around as you use it, so any kind of material that provides that will work.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Dinner tonight was the grass fed hamburger cooked on the grill. Had them with sliced tomatoes, onions, pickles, and dijon mustard. It was pretty good. Millers Organic Farm appears to be a good source. I guess I'll put in a bigger order next time.

As for the garden, it appears the iguana-rid is not working so well. Maybe it takes a while to take full effect. Tommorow I will try putting some metal flashing around the bottom of the chicken wire. That way the little fuckers won't be able to climb it. If a pellet rifle wasn't a bit expensive I would have one already. You have to get a decent one. The red rider bb gun types just won't cut it. Iguanas are tough, and those won't even penetrate. But I guess we shall see.

Oh, and how could I forget, desert tonight was some 90% dark chocolate. I just love that shit.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    HIII Those darn iguana's are making me HUNGRY! MMMMMMMM 90% dark chocolate!!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Bag of kitty litter could do the job. Wrap that thing up in duct tape and here ya go.

Iguanas seem to be worse down there than the rabbits are up here. If I saw a bunny trying to get my veggies, I would shoot it, then stew it.
    Georgette