Page 119 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1916

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 119

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Still no official workouts, but I have tried to stay busy. Since i'm not working, I thought i could do something worthwhile anyway and do some volunteer stuff nearby at a local park/animal sanctuary. On Friday i was helping them build what will be a home for a new bear with an attached hurricane proof building. Doing construction is not a bad workout. Only my poor hands aren't used to it and were covered with multiple blisters. All I can say is HOLY FUCK DID IT HURT! They had asked if I could come back over the weekend, but needed to let the hands heal up. I'll go over again tomorrow, but this time with some work gloves. I'll not make that mistake twice.

One funny thing was they all though I was crazy because I didn't eat lunch. I got a little hungry at the end of the day, but nothing that was killing me. They were all like "Oh my god, you need to carb up or you're going to crash and die!" Um, nope. I resisted the urge to explain the whole fat adapted thing, I don't think they are ready for it. I may bring lunch next time so I don't have to listen to them, and don't have to explain why I really don't want the bologna sandwich they are offering.

The other thing was I had no soreness after 8 hours of physical activity(Lots of digging and lifting bags of cement). WOOHOO for kettlebells! They make construction work easy.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    That's a kickass testimonial for Primal! (and kettlebells)

I'm actually envious of you and your workout volunteering. I bet you feel better after those construction days, eh?
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

It was actual a good time. I liked being busy. Blisters suck ass though.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a damned good and useful time, well, blisters aside. I bet they were glad for the help.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    how are the blisters?

i don't mind blisters so much, they're proof to me that i've done something useful.

Blisters are much better. I don't normally care to much about your average blister, but these where not average blisters. These were advanced blisters. They kind of looked like a leper with stigmata.

Went back today and did some work. So that will be today's workout. Brought gloves today, so no repeat of the other day. I brought my lunch today to avoid the concern from all around that I have an eating disorder or something, and for them to feel the need to want to discuss nutrition with me. Took a leftover pork steak and a banana. And plenty of water, but that goes without saying.

I've been AWOL from here for a little while, but I'm still here. Did some more volunteer stuff, and had a good time. The construction part is done for a little while, we got the foundation poured. The other day I was helping them set up a kids day with water slides and games and stuff. Since I was helping out they gave me some free passes to bring the kids. We were going to go on Sunday, so of course a huge thunder storm blew in and lasted all day.

Saturday and Sunday were a complete un-primal train wreck. I didn't just fall off the wagon, I drove the wagon off the fucking cliff. Saturday was an ungodly amount of pizza, followed by a pint of Americone Dream ice cream, and finished up with some sugar cookies. Sunday started out OK, but when we couldn't go to the park we took the kids to Rainforest Cafe(we promised them we would take them one day, so since we couldn't do what we wanted to do). In case you were wondering, it's incredibly over priced, and the food is at about the level of going to Chili's. We ended up getting this chimichonga appetizer thing, and then I got a BBQ bacon cheese burger with onion rings. Desert was this thing that is basically donut holes covered in powdered sugar with caramel and chocolate dipping sauce. That was lunch, so dinner was the leftover pizza from the day before, and a handful of frosted oatmeal cookies. The two day wheat fest left me feeling like I was about 6 months pregnant. I also found that my body was not happy with all the gluten and other crap I put in it. How can i put this without seeming too vulgar(since, you know, that's just not me)...my body felt the need to purge itself of all the bad stuff i put in it. I'm done with the non-primal stuff for a good long time. The feeling like crap is what keeps me on it as much as the weight I've lost. I still shake my head when I realize that I used to feel crappy like that all the time and thought it was just normal.

Oh, and I've cut back just a little on my coffee. I'm doing it by just using a smaller coffee mug. Basically, I used to use a stupid-big mug, and now a use a normal people sized one. So now my 3 cups of coffee is what normal people would consider 3 cups of coffee.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you back, Skink. Your volunteer work sounds satisfying. Hope the weather cooperates for you to go out to the park soon. I will not mention the food situation. Good luck.

Thanks Sabine. We'll be using our free passes at the park tomorrow. No rain in the forcast, but it will be 92 degrees.

Two days of good food and I'm feeling much better. Right now I smell stew cooking in the crockpot and can't wait to eat it. The smell is awesome and driving me crazy.

In the spirit of tall the superhero movies that have been coming out, I'd just like to say that Deadpool rocks!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Notice how scrawny those vegetarians look next to Captain America and Deadpool?