Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 113

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout:

Max rounds in 10 minutes - 5 Push-ups, 10 Squats

2 sets of squat jumps to failure
    2 sets of dips(on the bed frame) to failure
    10 chin-ups

I was pressed for time today, so it was a bit different than usual. It was a very fast, but pretty damn effective. At the end of the first 10 minutes I was hitting failure on the push-ups but still had some left in my legs, so I threw in the 2 sets of squat jumps to failure. I considered failure to be when I couldn't generate enough power to get my feet off the ground for a couple of reps. Then tossed in the dips and the chin-ups to round things out. All together it was done in less than 15 minutes.

On a different topic, Does anyone else notice they have Vibram tan lines just below their ankles? Tan legs with white feet, yes it's quite attractive.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

This lady is pretty damn impressive to me. This is in many ways how I try to get my workouts to look like. This is why every one, male or female, should be lifting(yes I'm partial to the kettlebell). Oh, and I'd be a liar if I said the accent didn't kind of do it for me.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Oh, and I'd be a liar if I said the accent didn't kind of do it for me.
    You say 'accent' I say 'ass' tomato tomahto as they say

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    You say 'accent' I say 'ass' tomato tomahto as they say
    HAHA...I figured that part was just a given and didn't need pointed out.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Out of curiosity: when I do kettlebell swings, I'm much lower down than she is. She barely seems to be squatting back. Normal or what? I always thought you wanted to be squatting down as though you were thinking of sitting down on a chair, but thought better of it. She's barely bending her knees, it seems to me. Maybe I'm going too far, though. Dave, how do you do 'em?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Remember, the heavier the weight the more the momentum of the swing is going to pull you down. Her form look real good to me. I often go further also, but I imagine it's because of the weight. Don't let the size of the kettlebell fool you. Those look like competition style kettlebells so the are big no matter the weight. In competition the bells are all a standard size regardless of weight. I've also heard that people who do compete in Girevoy sports learn to minimize their movement to conserve energy. She may be just that good.

Here's a picture where the heavier weight pulls him further into the swing:

And Patrick, I show you a video of a hot chick working out and your only observation is a comment on her technique?

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    And Patrick, I show you a video of a hot chick working out and your only observation is a comment on her technique?
    How's the saying go? Something like, "If you only noticed her technique I have some bad news for you..."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Meh. Commenting about a chick on the Internets is like commenting on a single M&M in a Bulk Barn: If I took the time to comment on each, I'd need a good 700 lifetimes. She was hot I guess but nothing that blew my mind. The world's full of hot. I live in a city with a population of 750,000... and we have two universities and a college. I don't needs da Intarweebs.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Meh. Commenting about a chick on the Internets is like commenting on a single M&M in a Bulk Barn: If I took the time to comment on each, I'd need a good 700 lifetimes. She was hot I guess but nothing that blew my mind. The world's full of hot. I live in a city with a population of 750,000... and we have two universities and a college. I don't needs da Intarweebs.
    Ah, I live in a town where the average woman is either 68 or 19 and unmarried with 3 kids and one on the way. Without the internets I'd think attractive women did not exist.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What's all this kettlebell talk? I just saw a hot chick gyrating for my amusement.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.