Page 111 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1847

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 111

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That, sir, is the most profound of existential truisms ever written. And to that I'll simply add: "Me, too, man. Me, too."
    I knew all those philosophy courses I took in college would eventually pay of.

definitely going to do the networking thing. I am going to give it a deadline though. Cost of living here is beyond ridiculous, so something would have to pay out in a timely fashion to stay. You know, if I'm honest with myself, I want to move into a fitness and healthy lifestyle line of work. Maybe start with personal training, and move into my own gym eventually. In the area we would move to, most of the quality gyms and trainers are a good 45 minutes to an hour away in Pittsburgh. There really is a need for someone in that area. I went into law enforcement because I wanted to make a difference in the world. To be honest, it last that magic for me lately. I think bringing fitness, nutrition, and all around wellness to an area that desperately needs it would give me that sense again. Theses are long off plans that will take some prerequisite training. I don't want to just be some mope that took a certification test and can now call himself a trainer. I want to truly educate myself and have something worth sharing. Now that MovNat has trainer certifications that will be part of it. that along with kettlebell stuff, joint mobility, nutrition. I want it to be everything(that's not too much to ask, is it?)
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

warm up with about a mile and a half walk with puppy dog
    15 minutes or so of stretching and mobility stuff.

Max rounds in 20 minutes

Sledghammer, 5 swings each side
    KB Snatches, 5 each side
    5 Goblet Squats
    5 Push-ups
    2 Pull-ups(alternating with Chin-ups)

I felt really good today despite the heat. It was a pretty brutal 20 minutes. I really love the feeling of getting that hard of a workout in such a short time. Didn't keep track of number of rounds. Like I said, it doesn't matter. I pushed myself as hard as I could today, and that is all I could do.

Back to the heat. HOT. AS. FUCK. When I was doing the push-ups it looked like when opening your eyes underwater from all the sweat running down.

So yesterday was very un-primal. There are more of those days popping up as of late. I need to watch that and not make excuses for myself. Yesterday we did the little ones birthday. The actual day is on the 10th, but yesterday was the last day of school for the older one so we decided to do something they could both enjoy. On the 10th we'll have family over a have another thing then, but I will resist the urge to indulge I think. yesterday was all sugar. Cake, ice cream, pizza, cookies, etc. Nothing even remotely primal all day.

Today I fasted(except for coffee) until after my workout, and then had a banana, scrambled eggs and bacon. No clue what's for dinner yet.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, when you said moving North, I didn't realize you meant the Northeast. You definitely won't be complaining about the heat up here.

In the end, though, I hope you get what you are hoping for job wise so you can stay in your home.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You definitely won't be complaining about the heat up here.
    Haha...yep. Maybe I can use it as a way to do my own cold adaption experiment.

As much as i want to save my house, part of me would like to just make a fresh start in a new place. I am getting a little tired of city life. I worry about the schools my kids will go to down here.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Whoa, northeast? I thought you were going to W. Virginia or am I totally smoking crack?

Either way, good luck man.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Haha...yep. Maybe I can use it as a way to do my own cold adaption experiment.

As much as i want to save my house, part of me would like to just make a fresh start in a new place. I am getting a little tired of city life. I worry about the schools my kids will go to down here.
    Sometimes a fresh start is just the right thing. We moved to the Hudson Valley from Long Island 14 years ago. We've never regretted moving our kids to the country. They love it here.

My MIL was trying to get us to move to Sarasota. "They need teachers." she said. I responded, "You know why they need teachers? The pay scale is terrible so no one can afford to live there." If we had moved I would have taken a 50% pay cut, plus I would have lost my retirement. I love Sarasota and my in laws, but I'll just visit.

Can you do police work up here?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

WV is kinda northeast. We would be just a little west of Pittspurgh, PA in the northern panhandle of wv.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    WV is kinda northeast. We would be just a little west of Pittspurgh, PA in the northern panhandle of wv.
    Ah, that makes sense. My geography pretty much goes to shit after N. Carolina. Everything north of that is New England and everything West is either Texas or California
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Can you do police work up here?
    I could. I may look into it. It wouldn't be the pay I get down here. But I was sort of looking to get out of it anyway. We'll see what turns up.

PrimalCon New York
    That's True. PA is a big state which touches northeastern, midwestern and mideastern states. Dave would probably be 6 to 7 hrs from me.