Page 110 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1918

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 110

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Patrick, those stairs are AWESOME!!! If I ever build a house that will be a definite addition.

Today's workout:

Warm-up: 2.5 mile walk with the puppy(our usual)

Tabata Snatches
    Tabata Swings
    Push-ups, 20-20-15
    Chin-ups, 8-8
    Goblet Squats, 2 x 15

Very hot, sunny, and humid as fuck out today. I started my workout all motivated and ready to do a big one, but the energy drained out of me pretty quick. I think I was dehydrated. In fact I'm pretty certain of it. I need to remember to have more liquids in the morning prior to a workout(especially with the heat), other than coffee. So short workout, punctuated with nausea and fatigue, but lesson learned for next time.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    that's awesome! but all i can think of is kids trying to climb it and falling down the stairs.

Today's workout:

Warm-up - 2 mile or so walk with the dog and 10-15 minutes stretching and joint mobility stuff

3 sets each side of 5 swings, 5 high pulls, 5 snatches, 5 clean and press, 5 lunges
    Pull-ups, 10-10-7
    Push-ups, 35-20-15
    Goblet squats, 2 x 20

Not a long workout, but it did the trick. It was hot and humid again today, but there was a little breeze and i found a little bit of shade to stand in. Still don't think I'm drinking enough water. I switched to the goblet squats lately to put a little extra on the upper body. Doing the longer sets to work the legs and having to hold the weight out in front of me makes it that much harder.

Oh, and once I get all the personal life crap settled I'm going to build me a monster sandbag. I'm thinking at least 150 lbs. And since moving up north is looking like the plan, I have plans for the in-laws 20 acres. Hill sprints of course. I'm going to run a rope between 2 trees to hang and climb on. Build a nice pull-up and dip bar. And maybe a weighted sled for pushing across the open field. Lots of plans, but still waiting to see how things pan out.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I know things are the best right now, but I'm completely in love with your plans making some good, practical use of some of your in-laws' space! Stringing a rope is brilliant!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I know things are the best right now, but I'm completely in love with your plans making some good, practical use of some of your in-laws' space! Stringing a rope is brilliant!
    Yeah, It kind of makes me look forward to the move.

In other news, now i really want to grow a beard just to do this

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Yeah, It kind of makes me look forward to the move.

In other news, now i really want to grow a beard just to do this

Soooo... would that be considered a face lift?

Waka waka waka.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    soooo... Would that be considered a face lift?

Waka waka waka.
    lawl
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

So, not a lot of luck in the job search so far. I have no clue why. I am starting to wonder what is up. Do they figure i won't be planning on sticking around long because my education, qualifications, and past pay rate that I must be looking for something more. They'd be right, but I still need work. I wouldn't mind starting low in a company if it looked like a chance of advancement. I was talking with some people in my union, and they are going to talk to a guy who is a former cop that does private investigation work and seeing if he can't help me out.

If in the next say month and a half or so I will have to make a decision. If I haven't found something with the potential to earn decent money, I will have to pack it up and move to the in-laws. The cost of living in South Florida is just so fucking high. I'm not trying to brag about my old salary or anything, but I was making around $65K a year and we were still just getting by. I am really not apposed to moving either. Part of me is ready to just pack it up and go. To just be done with the stress and aggravation and start over. But we worked our ass off for this house and it deeply saddens me to think about losing it. Not to mention we would have to get rid of most everything we own. For me it would be easy. I've pretty much adopted a minimalist attitude toward life since going primal. My wife is a different story. She is borderline on being a hoarder. She has a deep emotional bond with her possession and the memories they hold(she could care less about the monetary value). It will be very hard for her.

On the Primal perspective, I have noticed how this whole mess has affected my health and fitness level. I have been dealing with the possibility of something like this for some time now(over six months or so), and the actual thing for the last couple of months(even though we originally thought it was only a temporary situation). The stress level has been through the roof. With higher stress comes elevated cortisol. And then there is the lack of quality sleep and the havoc that plays(I wonder how my aderenals are doing). I had been down to about 170 lbs. I now fluctuates around 190. My food and physical activity was the same. the stress and sleep issues were the only change. Some of it may be some added muscle. After all my weight has gone up but my body weight workouts are the same or better. I figure if my pull-up reps are the same with 20 more pounds there must be some gains. But the majority of it isn't muscle. I will be glad to get reset and move past all this crap to get back to where I was. I want to be better than I was.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Do they figure i won't be planning on sticking around long because my education, qualifications, and past pay rate that I must be looking for something more.
    That is probably the long and short of it.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I want to be better than I was.
    That, sir, is the most profound of existential truisms ever written. And to that I'll simply add: "Me, too, man. Me, too."

I hope something comes of chatting with the guy in investigative work. Hell, it's all about networking like that. Chat with him and if he doesn't have anything, ask him if he knows someone else. Just keep tapping into people's professional networks, one link at a time.