Page 11 of 192 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 11

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Mountain climbers, hmmm.
    1) I've hated mountain climbers ever since J.V. football.
    2) the sandbag thrusters are a squat. You hold the sand bag at chest level, do a full squat, and then up to an overhead press.

I'll be looking forward to sparticus, it looked bady-ass. I may sneak a few in before then since I will be modifying it to fit what Iweights I have here and will need to work out the bugs.

I hear ya on the belly fat. I've gotten to the point where I a have very little fat left on the arms and legs, but the spare tire is alive and kicking. I rarely drink anymore, and I really only miss on the rare occasion. But I'm not a swinging single guy out hitting the clubs. Actually I hated clubs even when I was single.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Actually I hated clubs even when I was single.
    Fuckin'-A.

True on the thrusters. I'd confused those for a clean or something, I guess. You'll definitely get your squats in with sandbag thrusters!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Those little cocksuckermotherfucker baby iguanas managed to make it through the screen. I found some Iguana-Rid. It's supposed to keep them away by making it smell and taste bad to them, but be fine to everyone else. It's neem oil, garlic, cinnamon, capsicum, and some other stuff that they say iguanas don't like. I hope it works. Since they had already eaten the newly sprouted cucumber plants that had just popped up, I planted 2 new larger cucumbers, and they already took a bite out of one of them. I'm running out of ideas. The nest step will be the pellet gun.

Just got through playing out back with the kids. We played a game where you throw a stick across the yard and then have to guess how many times you will have to broad jump to get to your stick, and whoever is closest wins. Would that be plyometrics? It got them moving, and me breathing hard too.

I'm about 15 minutes away from the pot roast being done. I threw it in with some carrots, onions, diced tomatoes, spices, and some beef broth. Very simple, not fancy. It's the new grass fed place so this will tell me how good they are. Their eggs(from pasture raised chickens) I had this morning were great. Their large eggs are huge compared to store bought omega-3 eggs. The yolks were dark orange and tasted great. $5.50 a dozen though, thats a little pricey. I need to try to find a place local to get eggs like that straight from the source where they might be cheaper, but haven't found any yet. I like quality food, but I ain't made of money. The beef all together averaged out to under $6 a pound, so that wasn't to bad. One of the things I hate about living in a metropolitan area is your are so far removed from the farms the food comes from.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    One of the things I hate about living in a metropolitan area is your are so far removed from the farms the food comes from.

Call your local IFAS extension office (954-357-5270). They may have some ideas of where you can get local eggs/meat/veggies. The Broward Office is in Davie (No idea how far that is from you) but they should have information if nothing else. Back in the day when I worked for IFAS we got hooked up with all kinds of awesome produce from the extension offices. Web link: Extension Education
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Call your local IFAS extension office (954-357-5270). They may have some ideas of where you can get local eggs/meat/veggies. The Broward Office is in Davie (No idea how far that is from you) but they should have information if nothing else. Back in the day when I worked for IFAS we got hooked up with all kinds of awesome produce from the extension offices. Web link: Extension Education
    That's some good stuff that I never thought of, Thanks! And Davie is just a stones throw away.

The pot roast has passed the taste test. This order was small since I was unsure of their quality. I didn't want to be stuck with a freezer full of nasty meat. I have about 5-6 lbs. of ground beef and about a 2-3 lb. brisket in the freezer. If they are as good as the roast I will be hitting them up with a large order next time and filling the freezer. Miller's Organic Farm is so far earning a good grade.

Todays workout was as many circuits for 30 min. of:

1) Kettlebell swings x5
    2) Sledgehammer x10 (5 left, 5 right)
    3) Burpees x5
    4) kettlebell snatch x10 (5 right, 5 left)
    5) Sandbag thrusters x5
    6) Push-ups x5

each one was set about 15 yards apart. The idea was to run between stations. To be honest, I stopped running after the first circuit and fast walked the rest. I did 9.5 rounds in 30 min. I wasn't all that impressed with my performance. It didn't help hat it was 88 degrees, humid, and the sun was beating down hard. It kind of drained me a little, but that sounds like an excuse even to me. It was a good workout, and I have plenty of room to improve. Maybe next time I'll wait till later in the day when there is some shade in the backyard though.

Breakfast was bacon, eggs, and coffee. Lunch was some leftover pot roast and carrots. Dinner later will be burgers on the grill. This will be the taste test of the new grass fed ground beef. If it's as good as the roast and the eggs I shouldn't be disappointed.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    That's pretty damn good, man! I'm curious... what do your neighbours think of your workout circuit?
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That's it, time to make me a kettleball and a sandbag.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That's pretty damn good, man! I'm curious... what do your neighbours think of your workout circuit?
    Thanks, it did kind of kick my butt. I would like to do better, though. I guess it is a good thing never to be too satisfied with your performance. And yeah, I get more than my fair share of funny looks from the neighbors.

Geo, I didn't make my kettlebells, I took the easy way and bought them. The sand bag was easy. Today was 50# sand bag. Went to home depot, bought a 50# bag of sand, and then wrapped it in duck tape to keep it from ripping.

Page 11 of 192 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast