Page 105 of 196 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 105

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Memorial Day is 6 days away. I expect everyone here to participate in the Memorial Day Murph!

My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Memorial Day is 6 days away. I expect everyone here to participate in the Memorial Day Murph
    Sounds like a plan except there is no way in hell i can do 100 pull ups.

My congestion is getting better, but my fucking ear is still all clogged up. Driving me fucking crazy! I haven't worked out in so fucking long I'm going stir crazy. All I get is like 2 mile walks with the dog. When I do Murph in a few days i will either be A) well rested and kick ass, or B) it'll be like my first time ever working out and I will probably die a painful death. Oh, well.

Job interview tomorrow. Lets see how it goes. No hope of high pay, but maybe some health benefits for the family.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    Good luck man. Go in there and take the interviewer's job.

Yes, that's the plan. i already have it planned to say "I'm sorry, but I can not accept your rejection at this time. I will be reporting to work on Monday."

canio6 Guest
    LMAO. That probably works for salary offers as well.

I can only imagine what the owners look like. Do they have Pizza Hut brand dog food or something? i imagine there aren't a lot of walks going on here.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Hey, man. Sorry I haven't checked in since the Crazy Shit™ occurred. I've been reading but staying away from these forums, even the journals.

You, of all the Primal folk I know, possess an exceptional sense of the pragmatic and existential. You'll do the right thing -- by yourself and your family. You're an incredible person. Employment status doesn't even factor in. Wish I was makin' good money. I'd hire ya in a second. Hope this most recent interview goes well. All I ask is that you keep honest communication going with your daughters. That's important, I think.

Thinking of you, Dave, and wishing you all the best, as I always do. If you need to head north and pause to re-evaluate, do it. Your family loves you. A job is not who you are. It took me a while to sort that out, but it's true. You are who you are. Your job is just what you do.

Always wishing you the best in this world, my friend.

-- Patrick

PS: Enjoy this fuckin' awesome shit. I miss John Lee Hooker.

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    how'd the interview go?

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Yes, that's the plan. i already have it planned to say "I'm sorry, but I can not accept your rejection at this time. I will be reporting to work on Monday."
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    LMAO. That probably works for salary offers as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    how'd the interview go?
    Yeah. News? <crosses fingers>
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)