Page 100 of 196 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 100

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A few days ago I downloaded f.lux for my computer. I'll be damned if this shit doesn't actually work! I fall asleep sooner, and i sleep better. For a while I was finding that it was getting to be like 1 or 2 am and I wasn't tired like I should have been, and then when I did fall asleep it was restless. This light shit is no joke. If you haven't yet, go download it. And it's free, my favorite thing.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

Max rounds in 20 min.

5 KB Snatches each side
    5 Push-ups
    3 Pull-ups/Chin-ups alternating
    5 Bulgarian Bag front squats

Felt good today, done about 15 hours fasted. This plan is working well for me. Still pushing myself hard without keeping track of rounds. If I ever start to slack I'll start counting as a way to stay motivated, but no need so far.

I was making bacon and eggs today for my meal and something happened that made me angry. I had chopped up the bacon and was then going to put the eggs in with them and scramble them around and have them all together. As I was putting the eggs in, one of the eggs had a neon green egg white. Since it was already in I finished cooking it. Before I at I google it real quick. I saw everything from it's extra B-2 to it's bacteria that will make you sick. It didn't smell like it had gone bad, but I didn't want to risk it so I threw it all out. 4 eggs and bacon thrown out. Grrrrr! Had to start over and only had 2 slices of bacon left that weren't frozen. Found another egg that had green it it too. I threw a bunch of cheese in to kind of beef it up a bit, so I had a bit more dairy than I'm used to. I blame myself for it. i had got a bunch of store brand eggs because they were on sale. I guess i know why the where on sale. Need to hit the farmer's market. I also saw a local nursery that advertised that you can get eggs from the chickens they have there at the nursery. I might go check them out.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Gah! Lesson learned: Green eggs are for rhyming books, not for eating.

Had you not been working out fasted all this time? I thought you had been. I've been doing it for over a year. I love it. I used to eat right after I was done (within 45 min), but now I hold off at least an hour. Something about HGH science'a'muh'jig something something better for muscle yada yada testosterone.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Before my fasting was just when I really didn't feel like eating. On most days i would eat first thing in the morning, and then workout in the afternoon. I don't eat lunch, so maybe it was like a semi-fasted state. No I consciously don't eat until post-workout on workout days, and whenever I'm hungry on no-workout days.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Have you seen the picture of green eggs on winencandy's journal? (Easter time- she dyed the whites of boiled eggs different colors.) That's the only kind I'd try eating. Ugh, how can it be good for them to be neon-green? Very strange. And the wasted bacon! Very sad.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i made a mini-quiche in the toaster oven once, which somehow turned the eggs green. no dye needed. hubby ate them and survived.

Yeah, I think as long as your eggs don't start out green while they're still raw your're OK.

So I've mentioned before that I do most of the cooking in the house, and I'm totally fine with that. This way I get to make what I know I like, and besides, I didn't marry my wife for her cooking ability. Today my wife and oldest kid had the idea that it would be fun to make rice crispy treats. That translates into I made rice crispy treats. How fair is that? The only person in the house that isn't going to eat them has to make them. I'm not going to lie, I was tempted to eat an square or 12, but I resisted. I don't mind too much. I mean the rice crispies aren't that bad. Hell, even Kurt Harris says he eats a bowl now and them. The only other ingredients are butter and marshmallows. The butter is Kerri Gold, so that's good. But how do you get even a semi-primal friendly marshmallow? Could there be a more primal friendly substitute out there that I just don't know about?

In other news, A Song of Ice and Fire arrived in the mail today. One day free shipping, not bad. As it turns out the book seller is just up in Palm Beach County, so no wonder. I'm going to be implementing the books into my reduce stress and get more sleep plan. At night I will shut of the computer and the TV and read before bed. This should eliminate some of the electronic stimulation in the brain that I think has been messing up my sleep.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    look up vegan rice krispie treats recipes. iirc, you can boil down maple syrup or honey until soft ball stage and use in place of the marshmallows. or, you can make your own marshmallows using a Martha stewart recipe (sub maple syrup for the corn syrup). neither are healthy by any stretch of the imagination, but not as bad.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, my goodness. I kind of wish I didn't know that. It sounds so...doable.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saw this on a car today. Do people still do this?

I thought Jazzersize went out in the 80's. And of course the instructor was over weight herself.