Page 10 of 192 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 10

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Any less than that though and I'm told I am not pleasant to be around. Actually what they said is I am some kind of demon hell spawn without coffee. So primal/paleo or not, it is here to stay.
    I heard that! Same here. My "cup of coffee" is a freakin' to-go mug.

Other than that I just played outside with the kids. I created obstacle courses around the back yard and got the stopwatch out to see how fast we could run it. Kids don't even realize they were exercising.
    That's awesome! Way to dad them kids!

Oh and... ummm... can I play on your obstacle courses, too? Pwease?
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I heard that! Same here. My "cup of coffee" is a freakin' to-go mug.

That's awesome! Way to dad them kids!

Oh and... ummm... can I play on your obstacle courses, too? Pwease?
    Of course, the obstacle course is open to everyone. And thank you for teaching me that "dad" is a verb, I like it.

And I would just like to say...I FUCKING LOVE SWEET POTATO FRIES!!! They have to stay a once in a while thing or I would totally gorge myself on them. And of course they are fried in the abundance of bacon grease I always have in the house.

Woke up today around 7am still feeling a little tired. Breakfast of bacon and eggs(that's right, I said it) and coffee. After that just did some errand running bullshit. I should have laid down and took a nap since I work tonight, but I decided to exercise instead.

Todays Workout:

Warm-up of stretching and about 20 or 30 kettlebell swings with light weight.
    Two Tabatas back to back with kettlebells, alternating between snatches, swings, high-pulls, and clean and press.
    Push-ups, 3 sets. First 2 sets to lust before failure, last set to failure.
    Thrusters w/ sandbag. 5 sets of 10
    Walking lunges with two 40 lb kettelbells. Up and back in the backyard, x 2
    Turkish get-ups with 35 lb kettlebell, 12(6 right, 6 left)

For some reason I was really hungry today. I don't usually eat lunch, but today I did. Ate the left over pork steak. It wasn't super big, but it was big enough.

For dinner, I guess I was inspired by all the meat with a side of meat talk over at MCW's journal. Had a rib-eye steak with a side of bacon(cooked the steak in the bacon grease, of course). Sliced up a tomato to go with it.

After dinner I started watching Wall-E with the kids before getting ready for work. I've never really watched it before. All the humans are these fat blobs that are totally disconected from everything. It's not really that far off from what society is becoming. Notice I didn't say what WE are becoming. If there is anyone reading this, we are not in that group. I know when the zombie apocolypse comes I will be ready to take them on. All the others that refuse to see what they are doing to themselves can continue to get fat and be part of the zombie buffet. Don't know how I got onto zombies from the movie Wall-E, but there you go.

Ok primal people, continue to kick ass and be awsome.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    mmm Meat with a side of meat!! the funny thing about this is .. the *blobs* will be throwing their sodas at us while we're fighting the zombies.. and then order us to get them more soda.. haha oh .. sorry .. that was rude... hangs head in shame..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    mmm Meat with a side of meat!! the funny thing about this is .. the *blobs* will be throwing their sodas at us while we're fighting the zombies.. and then order us to get them more soda.. haha oh .. sorry .. that was rude... hangs head in shame..
    I figure with zombies it will be a lot like scuba diving with sharks. You don't have to outswim the shark, you just have to outswim your buddy. I don't think the *blobs* are working on their sprints any. Tell me to get you a soda...I'll feed your ass to the undead!!!

I figure with zombies it will be a lot like scuba diving with sharks. You don't have to outswim the shark, you just have to outswim your buddy. I don't think the *blobs* are working on their sprints any. Tell me to get you a soda...I'll feed your ass to the undead!!!
    Exactly!

And always save your last bullet for the prick who got you into whatever mess you're in that has necessitated bullets.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Well I haven't written anything in a little while, but nothing exciting is happening. I got off work at 6am Easter morning and came home to do the Easter Bunny thing. Kids were up at 7 and began hunting eggs. I'm sure they were the only kids in the neighborhood that really had to work to get the eggs. Lots of climbing and crawling to get them. I figured it would be a good idea to give them some good exercise before they went in the house to become a couple of sugar fueled demons with all the easter candy.I went to sleep shortly after, but could here them running through the house like two little tornadoes all hopped up on sugar.I was up at 1/4 to 1 and had my standard bacon, eggs, and coffee. Then we were of to Miami so the kids could have easter at grammy and grampys house. Went to mass with mom. I was by some miracle able to resist the urge to scream "oh god, it burns it burns" when the preist starting flinging the holy water around. After we went back to their place for dinner. I didn't think it would be a great idea to try to go to a restaurant on the holiday, so we fired up the grill. Even though the folks aren't on board with the PB, they do try to do right when I come over for dinner and they left it up to me to chose what we ate. So of course it was rib-eyes and grilled veges.

Couldn't get to sleep right away that night, so this morning I was reaaaaally fucking tired, but shit's gotta get done. Had to make another trip to home dpot to get some screen. Those little fucking iguanas have been getting in and eating the fucking garden. Its thoe little fucking baby ones that fit through the chicken wire, so I put the screen around that to try and keep the little motherfuckingcocksuckers out. If that doesn't work I will be getting a pellet gun.

Got in a real gut busting workout today. Felt like I was going to puke twice so it was a good time. Did a nice mix of kettlebell, sandbag, and body weight stuff. I realized I haven't used my sledgehammer or medicine ball in a while, so they will definitely get put in the rotation next time.

Picked up my grass fed beef from the new place today. I'll give them this, they are genorous. I weighed everything when I got home and it was all over weight, so no complaints there. I have a pot roast thawing for tommorow, so the taste test comes them.

Well that's all for now. Always remember to rock out with your grok out.

Always remember to rock out with your grok out.
    Damn right!

What's your usual "rotation" for kettlebell, sandbags and body weight stuff? Can you give a sample of what you did today, for instance? I like how you change that up as much as you do.

Patrick,

Well actually my last couple of workouts have been kind of similar, so not a lot of mixing it up going on right now. I've just been a little lazy lately, but that is going to change. Today was:

Warm up of stretching and some light weight kettlebell swings.
    2 back to back tabatas of kettlebell snatches.
    4 sets of push-ups to failure and on the last set I dropped to my knees and went to failure again.
    3 sets of pull-ups
    4 sets of Thruster with a sandbag.
    2 sets of Dumbell rows
    3 sets of,don't know what to call them, a bicep curl into an overhead press with a kettlebell.
    3 sets of front squates with the heavy sandbag.
    2 planks for 1 min.

You'll see a lot of similarites to previous workouts. Here is what I have planned for weds. I'm going to set up stations of:
    1) kettlebell snatch x5 each side
    2) 5 burpees
    3) 3 pull-up
    4) sledgehammer, pound out 5 each side
    5) 5 push-ups
    6) 5 sandbag thrusters

Or something similar to that. With max nuber of rounds in 30 minutes. I have each station on opposite sides of the yard. Not that my yard is all that big, but it will put a short sprint in there.

Critique this and tell me what you think. Good? Bad? Suggestions? I'm always open to learn something.

And hey, you will have to let everyone when your back to 100% and we can get going on the sparticus thing.

Those stations look pretty sweet to me! Instead of burpees, I might do mountain climber, but that's just me. That'd be to get in some squat type stuff in there. Or do split jumps! That'd be better than mountain climber, I think. (or do those in addition to the burpees, if you want) If you do it in addition to and not instead of, add the split jumps after push-ups. I think that'd be a good spot for 'em, personally. I ain't no expert, though. I operate on instinct and intuition, mostly.

When I'm back to 100%, I'll let you know for sure! I plan to go all-in for May/June -- Spartacus challenge 3x per week and I'll be implementing a more stern Leangains style eating protocol. Also, no beer for May at least. Wine... maybe 2-3 glasses per week. Time to lose the last little bit of stubborn gut fat.

Page 10 of 192 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast