Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 NYC Marathon page

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member

2010 NYC Marathon

Primal Fuel
    I had a blast yesterday watching the NYC marathon. Check out my blog today to see some photos and read more of my thoughts on the 2010 NYC Marathon.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Here's a cool timelapse video of waves of humanity progressing along various routes. Neat stuff.

Al Roker did the marathon this year - that guy has made some amazing strides (no pun intended).

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    That's a cool video, carlh.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Here's a cool timelapse video of waves of humanity progressing along various routes. Neat stuff.

Al Roker did the marathon this year - that guy has made some amazing strides (no pun intended).
    Cool video! However, I believe your pun may have in fact been intentional.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Our strengths usually = our weakness

In a way, it is inspiring that the Chilean miner finished the marathon. That kind of determination helped him survive his time under ground. Inspiring.

And it is really stupid to finish a marathon when you are obviously doing lots of damage to your body. It is stupid to run at all without months of long distance training. Dumb.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

gingergenocide is offline Junior Member
    Nice pictures Al!

Even though as PB'ers we should be saying "down with this sort of thing", I can't help feel a nagging sense of respect for anyone who does run a marathon, it is one of those things people should try at least once in their lives.

I ran NYC in 2001 and I gotta say it was an amazing feeling, the huge level of support (from everyone) and togetherness in the city at that time, both during the run and in the days leading up to it.

dc

Mollymoe is offline Senior Member
    Even though as PB'ers we should be saying "down with this sort of thing", I can't help feel a nagging sense of respect for anyone who does run a marathon, it is one of those things people should try at least once in their lives.
    Careful now

Actually i agree - I ran a half marathon a few years ago, and since then I've been thinking I'd like to try a full one. Mind you I keep thinking I'll do it 'next year'...

Quote Originally Posted by gingergenocide View Post
    Nice pictures Al!

I ran NYC in 2001 and I gotta say it was an amazing feeling, the huge level of support (from everyone) and togetherness in the city at that time, both during the run and in the days leading up to it.

dc
    Thanks! Anyone who has run a Marathon has earned my respect. All the backlash against distance running in the primal community disappoints me.

The positive energy out there on race day is undeniable - it must have been really intense with everything New York was going through back in 2001.

Mollymoe, go for it I say! I think if I were to run a marathon again, I'd look for an off road/trail marathon and I'd attempt it primally, so slower than before and on a diet of streaky bacon!

I was in London at the weekend and I can't think of a nicer way to take in the city...well maybe a boris bike..though london drivers don't seem to notice them...stop me if i'm going off on a tangent...

dc

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The positive energy out there on race day is undeniable - it must have been really intense with everything New York was going through back in 2001

Yeah, it was pretty intense alright, so many runners doing it on behalf of lost ones, and with minimal training. The support from the NYPD and FDNY (is that right?) was tremendous, as was the support from the crowd. The run up to the day was exceptional, I was over with a local charity with a well known Irish runner, Eamon Coughlan, we briefly met Michael Johnson out on a run in Central Park the day before - so all in all a great week.

dc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast