Thread: Meat grinders? page

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Meat grinders?

Shop Now
    I want to be able to make my own sausage and ground beef. Any suggestions of a decent, but not to expensive grinder? I do not have a KitchenAid mixer, so can't get the attachment.

liza is offline Senior Member
    Try finding a heavy, old-fashioned non-electric meat grinder (bonus, get an upper body workout while you grind). The one I use was my grandmother's, but for examples of the kind I'm talking about I found this site http://www.lehmans.com/store/Kitchen...30340110?Args=

[I'm not recommending that site or their products, I don't know anything about them, I'm posting it just to show you what I'm talking about.]

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Can't specifically talk to the meat grinders but Lehmans is an AWESOME company. Good quality stuff from what I have seen!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If you have restaurant supply store near you, they might have a decent priced, decent sized one. That's usually my first stop if I'm looking for something kitchen related.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    We found one for 50c at the salvation army store. just one of those really old fashioned hand crank ones. so far worked great.