Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ♦ Raphaella's Primal Journal ♦ page

Raphaella is offline Senior Member

♦ Raphaella's Primal Journal ♦

Primal Fuel
    Juuuuuuuust started going primal, loving it so far because there's so little guesswork involved when it comes to figuring out what to eat and also loving it because it's really helping kill my sweet tooth(actually I have a whole mouth full of sweet teeth...).

I'm 23, 5'10'' and 165lbs. Recently gaining fifteen pounds was a big eye opener for me, I've been weighing in at 150 for years, give or take a pound. I had been noticing some extra pudge lately, a friend suggested I hop on her scale and....yeah. My whole life I have been carrying my extra weight in my legs, I have prominent saddlebags and a lot of fat on my calves, I'm the only person I know with a lot of fat there lol. Can't wait to have slim legs! They'll probably never be completely thin because I've got thick ankles and knees, but so long as the excess fat is gone I'm good.

Today I've eaten okay, skipped breakfast, went to On the Border for brunch I guess. I ordered the ultimate fajita and just ate the meat. And a small forkful of rice(I know I know!!). It wasn't a lot of meat really, a couple chicken strips, 2 shrimps, a medium-sized clump of pork and a couple strips of beef, but it stuffed me up quick. Later on I baked a cod fillet in lemon juice...won't be getting cod again though since apparently it's not very fatty. I'm hungry again, gonna get some greens in and cook up this trout here.

Went to Whole Foods today and loaded up on some goodies. Grass-fed beef livers(hope they taste like chicken livers), a huge wild caught yellowtail fillet that'll last me a week, grass-fed ground chuck...

Also washed my hair with baking soda and ACV today for the first time. Worked great! Bye bye overpriced cleansing products. Used the baking soda for deodorant too and it's the best thing I've ever used. No more deodorant for me either!
    Last edited by Raphaella; 11-07-2010 at 11:42 PM.

I had horrific scaly clusters of dry skin on my cheeks(and other facial areas but less concentrated) from when my diet SUCKED... and now they feel so soft to the touch and have stopped flaking.

Taken I think 4 days apart:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Will look way better in a few more days. Btw don't ever spill ACV on really dry skin... I got it all over my face...omg that crap hurt.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the boards, hopefully that face stuff clears up; great reason to stick with it though.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Zero is offline Member
    Wow good news on the dry skin clearing up. I had some on my neck that has been much better since I have been primal.

I have huge calves (well, relatively), its a pain when looking for boots. Good luck on the leg fat loss!

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    I use ACV on my skin every six weeks or so as a 'chemical' peel sort of thing. But only good for oily skin, I think. I've always *wished* I carried more weight on the bottom half instead of the top. Isn't the grass always greener on the other side?

Your skin improvement is remarkable. Isn't it great to have a big positive right out of the gate? Keep it up!

Lol yup, grass is always greener!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I have huge calves (well, relatively), its a pain when looking for boots.
    Yes indeed, and praying that you don't get your leg flesh caught in the zipper when you're zipping them up...! Thank god for Uggs.

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the skin improvement! I have had similar improvement with my own, since going Primal.

I hope it improves even more for you soon

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ty.

Today I had two eggs scrambled in raw butter... I want to say I almost feel kinda 'icky' after I eat eggs, could the tiny bit of dairy in my life that is the butter be causing that I wonder? If so I'm shocked that maybe a teaspoon of butter would do that because I really wouldn't think so. Normally I like dairy but I have lots of ear problems and I feel like I'm always slightly congested, I want to see if canceling out dairy will help with those issues.

I am fighting the urge to run out and get a dark chocolate bar so bad....

Aside from the eggs for breakfast, I made a 3 small ground beef patties with chopped up red onion...not a lot of fat since I didn't get into my fattier ground chuck supply. Just baked(and overcooked) a beef liver, I'm pleased at how similar they taste to chicken livers. I only took one bite though, I'm not hungry and I only want to eat when I am hungry so I'm gonna leave it there till then.

I wish I knew why I am so tired though, for the last few days I've been averaging ten hours a night. I got ten hours last night and I feel so drowsy right now. I have heard that the more you oversleep the more tired you get.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast