Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ♦ Raphaella's Primal Journal ♦ page 4

Raphaella is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Woohoo finally found a grass fed and grass finished meat shop in San Diego! Just tried my first ever bone marrow.....erm....will only be indulging in that once a week. Did not care for it...

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphaella View Post
    Juuuuuuuust started going primal, loving it so far because there's so little guesswork involved when it comes to figuring out what to eat and also loving it because it's really helping kill my sweet tooth(actually I have a whole mouth full of sweet teeth...).

I'm 23, 5'10'' and 165lbs. Recently gaining fifteen pounds was a big eye opener for me, I've been weighing in at 150 for years, give or take a pound. I had been noticing some extra pudge lately, a friend suggested I hop on her scale and....yeah. My whole life I have been carrying my extra weight in my legs, I have prominent saddlebags and a lot of fat on my calves, I'm the only person I know with a lot of fat there lol. Can't wait to have slim legs! They'll probably never be completely thin because I've got thick ankles and knees, but so long as the excess fat is gone I'm good.

Today I've eaten okay, skipped breakfast, went to On the Border for brunch I guess. I ordered the ultimate fajita and just ate the meat. And a small forkful of rice(I know I know!!). It wasn't a lot of meat really, a couple chicken strips, 2 shrimps, a medium-sized clump of pork and a couple strips of beef, but it stuffed me up quick. Later on I baked a cod fillet in lemon juice...won't be getting cod again though since apparently it's not very fatty. I'm hungry again, gonna get some greens in and cook up this trout here.

Went to Whole Foods today and loaded up on some goodies. Grass-fed beef livers(hope they taste like chicken livers), a huge wild caught yellowtail fillet that'll last me a week, grass-fed ground chuck...

Also washed my hair with baking soda and ACV today for the first time. Worked great! Bye bye overpriced cleansing products. Used the baking soda for deodorant too and it's the best thing I've ever used. No more deodorant for me either!
    Must say I am soooooooo impressed you eat liver.

I sympathize w/ you as I have some serious man calves kicken.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

I'm trying to eat only within an 8 hour window each day. Today it was from 1pm-9pm.

Today I had:

• a shake made out of kale, wakame, cooked bone marrow, bok choy, blueberries, 2 strawberries and cod liver oil.

• a little homemade beef stew and a chicken liver

• some dried anchovies

• an apple with just peanut peanut butter.

Paleobird Guest
    Woohoo finally found a grass fed and grass finished meat shop in San Diego!
    Where??????????? Tell me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exilio is offline Junior Member
    I'm trying to eat only within an 8 hour window each day. Today it was from 1pm-9pm.

Today I had:

• a shake made out of kale, wakame, cooked bone marrow, bok choy, blueberries, 2 strawberries and cod liver oil.

• a little homemade beef stew and a chicken liver

• some dried anchovies

• an apple with just peanut peanut butter.
    Hello. I've been enjoying your journal and all of the inteesting foods you've bravely eaten. I was curious as to why you are trying to eat within an eight hour window--is that for daily fasting? I'm still reading He PB--does it mention that technique?

^^^The 8 hour window to eat/16 hour fast isn't in the PB I got the idea from leangains.

Ugh I'm having the worst chocolate pastry craving. Thank goodness it's bedtime!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Where??????????? Tell me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Homegrown Meats in La Jolla! They're awesome!!!

Home Grown - Homegrown Meats

Paleobird Guest
    Ugh I'm having the worst chocolate pastry craving. Thank goodness it's bedtime!
    Homegrown Meats in La Jolla! They're awesome!!!
    Home Grown - Homegrown Meats
    I must try that soon. G'nite!

They have all sorts of cool stuff in the back too if you ask. Okay I swear I'm going to bed now.......

Oh noooooooo fail so far today. Observed the 16hr fast....but my friend surprised me and took me to an Indian restaurant. Indian is my FAVORITE. Last time I was in Dallas I was eating Indian food every day, sometimes 2-3x a day(and yeah...it took its toll) and I haven't had it since. So I went buck wild. Had chicken tikka massala, all of my rice and a lot of nan. And this mango/yogurt concoction that was delicious.

I will say that I'm not too tempted to eat it again, at least not for a long time. I felt that disconnect that I usually do when I cheat now, it's like I'm noticing a separation between my mind wanting to keep eating more and more of it vs my taste buds actually not liking it that much. I think it's because so little of what I normally eat now is for flavor, so when I do eat something that I (used to)consider tasty/flavorful it just doesn't do much for me anymore. Which is fine with me!

joan is offline Senior Member
    hey raphaella! i'd be really interested to hear how you're doing now. i saw a few of your progress pictures on the before/after thread (not all of them showed up) and came here hoping to find more detail. sounds like we are pretty similar - i'm 24, 5' 9", and am 170 at my very heaviest... normally 150-155. i also have big calves (mostly muscle, though), flaky Annoying skin on my face, and SERIOUS sugar addiction. oh, and sounds like we have similar body care preferences - i prefer baking soda and vinegar for my hair, and used baking soda or made my own similar deodorant for a while. i make my own tooth powder, too. are you still eating primal? how is it going for you?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast