Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ♦ Raphaella's Primal Journal ♦ page 2

Raphaella is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pissed at myself.... got a dark chocolate bar. So yeah...I can't really count today as being a primal day. At least it tastes bad enough that I don't think I'll be tempted to buy one again any time soon.

I also had a kale shake with fresh-squeezed OJ and I bought one of those coconut waters because everyone's raving about them and I was curious. And they suck, as I've now learned lol! Well, not SUCK but not worth the $1.79 or the extra 70 calories.

Still nibbling on that beef liver too. Yes the same one lol. I like livers, but because of their weird texture I can't just sit down and inhale them like I would a steak, I can only handle one at a time and I take small bites. Yet I like them? Just one of those things I guess. Livers taste a lot like mussels to me. God I love mussels in tomato sauce over pasta... but unless I learn to love spaghetti squash as a pasta substitute I can't have any mussels...they're just not the same without the pasta!

This is the chocolate bar I'm eating
    Attached Images Attached Images

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    i wouldnt sweat that too much as a miss ... yr all good

Thanks I hope so! It's just that my sweet tooth is literally debilitating and I really should focus on cold turkeying it. At least it wasn't half a dozen donuts.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Don't sweat the small stuff kiddo, dark chocolate is considered part of the PB by some and at the very least it is part of the 20%
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

omajoe is offline Member
    I wouldn't worry about the dark chocolate. Besides, you went with a very dark chocolate which cuts down on the sugars quite a bit, while still satisfying your sweet tooth. And even Mark has said he indulges in dark chocolate as a treat now and then.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Like everyone else said, don't sweat the chocolate. As far as the taste goes, dark chocolate is an aquired taste. But once you get it you'll be hooked and there will be no turning back.

Arg I woke up with a headache and I really want to blame the dark chocolate lol! About to make myself a kale/broccoli/orange shake and then force myself to go for a neighborhood walk up some really steep hills. I don't wanna but I gotta!

I did the walk....man it was hard starting back at zero! I got up three damn near vertical blocks and I was done. It was hard to breathe, I was getting that painful splintery feeling in my legs(wtf is that btw?), and then on the way back down I got a runner's stitch. I'm gonna do it again tomorrow. I just can't believe that those are the same hills I used to do sprints up!

I had a second kale shake, some grass-fed ground beef patties with diced onions in them and a few left over pieces from that damned chocolate bar. Finally out of my lean ground beef, time to get into the ground chuck. Hungry now and preheating the oven for a slab of yellowtail.

Crap. I am going on a day trip to Julian(a little mountain town famous for its pies and quaintness) tomorrow. I'm sure I'm gonna have a pastry at some point. If we sit down for lunch I'm sure I can find a meat and veggies option. But I am sure there's gonna be candy galore.... I must consider this a test of the mind.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast