Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planning any Thanksgiving cheats? page

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member

Planning any Thanksgiving cheats?

Shop Now
    I'm back on the band wagon tomorrow but I KNOW I'm gonna give in to my mothers home made bread at thanksgiving. What are your hold out favorites you plan on having?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Dad's homemade mac and cheese (gruyere, sharp cheddar, parmesan, and co-jack) and garlic smashed potatoes. I'll be able to avoid Paca's rolls and chocolate pie, and I'm taking a Primal apple pie.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Thankfully, I am not a big fan of Thanksgiving staples like stuffing. I do, however, LOVE mashed potatoes and corn. I think I am going to have a small spoonful of each and then pile the rest of my plate with turkey and tons of veggies.

Carrie

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I will be 'cheating' on Thanksgiving. I have to, it's my birthday too! I am not sure what I will choose to have but it will be something yummy. I am thinking I might make some jalapeno cheddar corn bread, I haven't had it in years and i love it. We do plan on cooking as primal as possible with one or two special things for the day.

Raphaella is offline Senior Member
    I probably won't be...seeing as I have nowhere to go to lol! All of my family is on the other side of the country. So yeah, I'll probably be making myself a turkey breast, broccoli and maybe a baked potato.

Raphaella is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
    I do, however, LOVE mashed potatoes and corn. I think I am going to have a small spoonful of each and then pile the rest of my plate with turkey and tons of veggies.
    No eat the pile of turkey and veggies first so that by the time you're done you will be too full to want the corn and potatoes! Don't tell yourself you can't have it, just trick yourself out of getting it lol!
    Last edited by Raphaella; 11-07-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: typo

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    last year I made a fantastic chocolate mousse pie. Mmmmm! It will be either that (which could potentially be less of a cheat) or apple pie with a lard crust. And maybe stuffing.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I don't like the word "cheat." I choose what to eat, and I try to make the best choices possible for my health. If I think I can allow myself some Thanksgiving stuffing or a dessert, I have it. If I decide that it's not good for me that particular day, I don't. I don't 'cheat' myself!

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if my "cheat" will be foods that are un-PB in every sense or just a ton of extra PB foods; I have already gotten the "And don't tell me you won't eat it" talk from my mom about pie, I told her I wanted Bacon for dessert.....mmmmmmm bacon
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Grizz is offline Banned
    THERE IS NO DIETING ON THANKSGIVING !

WE PULL OUT ALL THE STOPS & GO FOR GO !

We be good again after Thanksgiving.

Grizz ;--))

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast