Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat-burning Vinegar page

myles456 is offline Junior Member

Grizz is offline Banned
    Have you actually tried this? The Apple Vinegar is HORRIBLE stuff. I personally can't stand it, even 1 tablespoon mixed into a glass of water is horrid. I would rather just eat less.

Let us know how it works for you.

I take vinegar & olive oil with my salad which is more palatable.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 11-08-2010 at 03:01 AM.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    That apple vinegar stuff is, IMO, just another diet myth.

Like Grizz, I use vinegar in my salad, along with my EVOO, and that's how I like it best.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    From what I've read (usual proviso about how reliable that might or might not be), lemon juice in water is just as good. I used it when I was getting started, but lost interest after a while. Goodness knows if it made any difference.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    I love vinegar (anything fermented really). Not sure if it burns fat, bt I love a few teaspoons in my first water ofthe day.

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member
    I too, like ACV in my water sometimes... I don't know if its helping me lose weight but I like the taste more than plain water. I also use it on salads and in the shower to help with dandruff once a week or so.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    From what I've read (usual proviso about how reliable that might or might not be), lemon juice in water is just as good. I used it when I was getting started, but lost interest after a while. Goodness knows if it made any difference.
    Lemon juice in hot water is an excellent detox (but NOT a slimming aid). I have a mug most mornings (as does my mother). Use fresh lemon juice, though (NOT the Jif stuff).

The apple cider vinegar myth has been around for centuries. It does NOT burn fat, but it does decrease fluid retention, hence the myth that it does - as the scales will show a loss).
    La tristesse durera toujours...

liss is offline Senior Member
    the dry wheat-infested side of washington state
    The studies did motivate me to try vinegar on two occasions many years ago, but each time it was so darned painful (burning that lasts in your throat for at least a minute, then an irritated stomach for quite awhile longer) it wasn't worth repeating. I suspect it works, but since it's easy and pain-free to keep carbs healthfully low I'm sticking to the latter option. (In retrospect, the amount of carbs I ingested on those occasions wouldn't have caused much of an insulin spike anyway. I was just being ultra cautious. I truly can't comment on the effectiveness of the vinegar in mediating a rise in blood glucose from a large intake of carbs.)

That said, I do try to include a spritz of vinegar with my salad greens just to add flavor.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    The vinegar is diluted in water so shouldn't irritate.

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    The vinegar is diluted in water so shouldn't irritate.
    +1. Just skimmed the thread, love acv in sparklewater, but do not consume it too concentrated, it's an acid, & I've read it can be strong enough to be a real irritant. Mix it up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast