Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: Christi@japan page

christi@japan is offline Junior Member

Cool Primal Journal: Christi@japan

Primal Fuel
    I am 33, female and have 4 great kids and a great husband too. We bought the Primal Blueprint to read a year ago. DH deployed and then , well, it was forgotten. I had a health issue last year where I started to feel tired and ache all the time. I went through a ton of test and have an stypical thyroid issue. So, i am trying natural management. In the process of diagnosis, I gained 40 lbs. I was gaining a lb a day at one point.
    My brother has celiac and my oldest son has had some dairy intolerance nad wheat intolerance, but so far negative on the celiac. I decided this coupled with my body screaming for attenetion, I needed to do something. DH asked me to read with him.
    So, we started, on HALLOWEEN of all days. I didnt have a single treat! By day 2 I wasnt even really tempted bc I was so determined to give this a fair chance. Day 3 wasnt even hard to say no to treats.
    Now, I did have some bitter chocolate almonds the first 2 days taht my friend made, but not a single processed candy.
    So, I was down 9 lbs ince starting my thyroid regimen. I am now down 12.5!
    This is day 8!

Oh, let me also say, that before I got so sick I was running 6 miles a day and in my best shape ever at size 6/8 womens US jean.
    The thyroid threw me and I am slowly running again. I cut back this week to allow my body to change over. I ran my first 5 k since medicating 3 weeks ago and the extra lbs were hard. I want to keep jogging a bit, but based on the Blueprint, I will cut back to a few days a week, lift some heavy things and sprint some too!

WISH ME LUCK!
    Last edited by christi@japan; 11-08-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Day 9
    Scale was nice this morning! 2 lbs since yesterday. I have been doing basic exercises in the house: lunges, squats, pull ups, push ups, a few crunches, etc

The food was harder today. I had friends over and there were chic-fil-a nuggets. I ate 4 or 5. Hope the wheate wasnt too much. The rest has been great. I had some dried beef and an apple for breakfast, some celery and veggie for lunch, dinner is spaghetti squash and sauce with meat, steamed veggies on the side.

Trying to keep my spirits up, was a really rough parenting day after lunch and I need a glass of red wine...if Grok left grapes in the bladder of a deer to transport, forgot about them, then potentially he had wine....yes, a 1/2 glass with dinner it is. Need to be okay with slight imperfections because it is about the big picture!
    Mom of 4 awesome kids, wife to one great husband; all on our way to living PRIMAL.My Mantra: I am not a Number:weight, clothing size,etc. I am in it for the HEALTH!

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck with your new WOL

Thanks Lindsey

Today I was not so good. More of a true 80% day and I had been pounding it out until now. I just felt awful all day. I realized tonight that I forgot to take my thyroid meds, so that is part. I also wonder about Carb flu. Isnt that usualy right away? I am in week 2. :/
    Today I rocked it right up until dinner. The kids saw me making baked fish and begged for chips. I had planned baked fish, brussle sprouts and grilled shrimp. I ended up adding a pile of fresh homemade chips and ate a bit while cooking, I did refrain from adding any to my plate though, so a small victory.

I have about 10 recipes we all love so far. With 4 kids, one who thinks he is the designated picky one, this means a lot. Tomorrow is grocery day. I have my list, I will shop and not buy crud. I need to find almond meal and almond flour on my side of town. The closest whole foods is on the other side of town, about 20-30 mins away. Not bad, but not convenient. I will buy lots and add it to the freezer.

This week's adventure, I believe, will be me making sugar free ketchup and homemade mayo. I hope the kids approve.

Friday is weigh in and test myself into the next goal jeans. I can tell the current jeans are baggy and DH commented too. I got tons of compliments at this weeks playgroup and lots of potential grokettes if I can hang in there and prove it is a livable lifestyle change for a mom and family!
    Last edited by christi@japan; 11-09-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    Mom of 4 awesome kids, wife to one great husband; all on our way to living PRIMAL.My Mantra: I am not a Number:weight, clothing size,etc. I am in it for the HEALTH!

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    I wouldn't let the little slip ups bother you too much. Life happens, that's why there is an 80/20 rule. Every day you shot for 100%, and the more of a habit this lifestyle becomes the easier it gets to get pretty close to it. Good luck with it.

Today has been awesome for food! I was busy busy busy. I woke up not hungry...wait, first, I went to bed at 10:45. I am a perpetual 1 am girl. I woke up before 8 naturally. I wasnt hungry, I made myself eat some cottage cheese bc I know with my hypoglycemia I need a little something. I hope eventually to have no issues there. I then didnt eat again until 1 and I ahd a side salad. I had a splach more cottage cheese bc I needed some more calories to get through the day. I had a handful of mixed nuts while waiting at the doc. Dinner was shrimp with coconut flour, fried in coconut oil and veggie. I am satisfied and know that I havent had a darn craving all day!

Great note: I talked to my doc about the changes and she was excited. She encouraged me to contine, was happy I was having zero low blood sugar issues and supported changing the kids over too! We are doing their diet more gradually. I was worried her CW would comeout, but she is pretty forward thinking and is interested to see my results!

Last night I felt pretty icky. I thought I was getting a case of the carb flu a little late. However, nope...that time of the month combined with low blood sugar= migraine. I figured it out, ate some grapes and some turkey to get the blood sugar up and took some tylenol and add a heat pack to my head.

Much better today. I havent been very hungry in the last 2 days, so I have been kinda IF-ing. Not eating til after 12 or 1 in the afternoon. Today was a frittata with chicken, spinich, bell pepper and onion. I am planning some steak and salad for dinner.

I am down 7 lbs and a size in pants in 2 weeks! \m/ rock on! or grok on!

I am feeling okay today, but EVERY other person in the house has a head cold...grrr. I must aviod it...I must.

So, yesterday was my 'off day'
    I was shooting for 80/20 an dI think I pulled it in. I had a single piece of cake that was homemade with wheat flour and tons of veggies and some raisins. I dontknow if it was the best carrot cake ever or if I could taste for the first time?!

Today, I paid for it a bit. I had a restroom issure first thing this morning :/
    I ate 100% today and hope to be back on thr priaml train.

I am already getting tons of interest from friends bc while I have lost little, I seem to be redistributing weight and it is very noticable.
    I am a true scale junkie and have decided to not do it this week. I mean, if I can give up grains, I can give up the scale right?

So, Friday is the weigh in and the try on the next level of goal jeans day for me.

I really do feel better. I have less joint pain and several people said my skin is glowing. My best friend asked if I had my hair done because I looked so good! LOL Nope, just good fats and no crap!

I feel very lucky that my husband is trying to stic to it too. He seems to be struggling more than me. He likes cereal and has had a few bowls, but i bought rice cereal, so that is better I guess. He is still drinking a soda or two a week, but he was drinking 5-6 a day!

My oldest child is all on board and sticking with me and my oldest son too. The two youngest havent noticed that I replaced the snack box in the cabinet with nuts and prunes and some dried cranberries and raisins.

Feeling pretty good about my choices for me and as a mom.

SO, I am kinda in this alone. My teenager is sticking with me, but DH just seems to be constantly eating something at work or grabbing a kid intended snak. I have them down to the bare bones for carbs now and they mostly snack on raisins, cheeses, nuts, etc...but there are a few kid foods on hand for the severe moments.

Anyhow, I am still going strong. My Friday weigh in showed I lost one lb, but I found my jeans are fitting looser and one pair I couldnt get in went on and buttoned with a bit of muffinage on top. Anyhow, i am changing my bodies needs bc i have been IFing without paying it much mind. I happily grab some nuts or fruit most of the time. I really feel good.
    I havent had any real problems with my blood sugar getting low and rebounding up then crashing...I am over all pretty good.

I think the times I slip up and can tell later bc I feel 'off' are well worth reminding me that I need to feed my body what it needs.

so for my mental notes, I have 2 lbs to a major goal... I see it happening even on Thanksgiving week and see a new goal met near Christmas as well. I am just feeling so good that i dont feel tempted my candy or treats

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been weighing myself on Friday only, but with Thanksgiving, I thought I would go today.
    I really expected no change....wait for it...I lost 3 lbs! I am starting to see it and feel it! I think this was just the motivation I needed to do the right thing over the holiday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast