Thread: Fat children eat better diets than their thinner classmates, study finds page

Mollymoe is offline Senior Member

Fat children eat better diets than their thinner classmates, study finds

Primal Fuel
    I just saw this on the Telegraph website

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...udy-finds.html

When will it occur to these experts that maybe the 'healthy foods' they believe in are part of the problem rather than the solution?

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    They make no mention of any of what the supposedly "healthy diet" is beyond a mention of juice over "fizzy" drinks; are they trying to tell me that carbonated water is worse for me than sugar laiden "juices"?
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I only learned in adulthood that I am extremely sensitive to carbs, so raised with the SAD, I was obese from early childhood because of my ravenous appetite (all that bread, rice, and pasta!). However, whenever my mother took me to the pediatrician, she'd be warned about letting me have soda, candy, and desserts--all things I never ate (we were not a dessert family, and my mother believed that sugar 'treats' were just that--reserved for very special occasions). When my mother explained that I didn't eat those things b, the doctors all frowned at her, assuming she was just making excuses. They refused to believe that I could get fat on the 'healthy' fare my mother cooked.

I'm 69, so keep in mind that in my day there was no fast food, and going out to eat as a family was an extremely rare event. My mother cooked from scratch, as processed junk was just arriving during my youth, and my mother, home full time, didn't see any need to use such things.

I was 32 when Dr. Atkins first published his Diet Revolution, and reading that, and following his low carb plan literally changed my life because I finally knew why my appetite had been out of control since childhood--and that eating too much wasn't a moral failing!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Nice how juice, brown bread, and low-calorie cheese and yogurt are among the "healthy" choices being made. I think we found the culprit making these kids overweight.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Nice how juice, brown bread, and low-calorie cheese and yogurt are among the "healthy" choices being made. I think we found the culprit making these kids overweight.
    Don't forget about all of those healthy products from General Mills and Kellogs...