Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of "errors" in the Primal Blue print book page

Valarauko is offline Senior Member

Couple of "errors" in the Primal Blue print book

Primal Fuel
    Edit **Why cant we change the title of the thread?**

I have just received my book and haven't read it properly, just flicked through, but already two things have caught my eye.

On page 173, the Buzz Aldrin quote about exercise....forget about it ( OK I was mistaken, Buzz said it, It's just that Neil Armstrong more famously hated exercise and in a Cronkite interview said, "I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street" Its odd they both hated exercise as most of the early Astronauts were health freaks.

pg 116. (this one is a pet peeve of mine, so suffer me a little while I vent)

"Kiwis". Kiwis are flightless birds or people from New Zealand. The fruit is "kiwifruit", You don't shorten grapefruit to grape or passionfruit to passion do you? so why get lazy with kiwifruit?
    Besides, the fruit is actually a "Chinese Gooseberry", Kiwifruit was a genius bit of marketing thought up by some enterprising "kiwi" 100 years ago.
    <snip>

never mind.
    Last edited by Valarauko; 11-07-2010 at 09:20 PM.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I think nearly every person in the English speaking world calls them Kiwis.

hutax is offline Member
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Are you bored?

FlamingAndromeda is offline Senior Member
    Except for us Kiwis (the people - not the bird)...granted we are probably a minority of the entire English speaking world but we do indeed call them 'kiwifruit'...or from time to time for us oldies they are referred to as chinese gooseberries as Valarauko is correct in pointing out was their original name...these days they are also known as Zespri...yet another marketing ploy to disassociate them from their origins....

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    The finite heartbeat meme is bs anyway. A little card keeps my resting hr at least 15 bpm lower. This more than balances out the tachycardia associated with exercise, especially at a primal 60-70%

Tommy7 is offline Member
    And to think, by the title of the thread I actually thought it was something serious. Got me!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I have always heard them called "kiwi" NOT "kiwifruit."

lizch is offline Senior Member
    There was something nagging me about that book...it made me question the entire premise of this way of life. Thanks for nailing it. No author who attributes quotes to the wrong astronaut or chooses to abbreviate the name of a fruit can possibly be trusted to give reasonable advice.

Yay...now I can revert to the wheat eating, chronic cardio, sugar binging, crappy health and extra 13 lbs that this book cruelly took from me.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I would hardly call a cultural difference (calling it a kiwi, or a kiwifruit) an "error." The Astronaut quote, might indeed be an error, but why post it on this forum and not send a note to him or his editors?

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    *blink*

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast