Thread: My new "Sprint"! page

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Cool My new "Sprint"!

I've been a personal trainer for over 10 years, and just recently found PB. I LOVE Mark's PB Fitness e-book and have changed my LHT workout accordingly, because it makes so much sense. However, the sprint workout recommendations just weren't lighting my fire. I've never been a runner (I walk an hour a day) and after seeing so many injuries in my runner clients, I wasn't exactly excited by the idea of sprinting. I can do "sprint" walking intervals, but I can't really go fast enough to get my heart rate up. I work out at home and have no interest in accumulating equipment, so a rowing machine was out.

What I forgot about, until today, was that I can do "DANCE sprints"! I normally free-style dance (barefoot) once a week at our amazing movement/yoga studio and it is very easy for me to dance all out during the high energy pieces (staccato and chaos, for those of you familiar with 5 Rhythms™), slow down and repeat for 10 minutes. I am so stoked to have found a sprint that works for me!

Oh, yeah...I am sure that Grok and Grokette danced around the fire!
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 11-07-2010 at 01:20 PM.

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like fun! You can do the whole "Flash Dance" run thing too!

Carrie

Ooooh....no, I think I'll leave that one to Jennifer Beals body double, LOL!

dfast is offline Member
    I've been to a few 5 Rhythms sessions - amazing, really. The one nearest to me is held in an old church at sunset, which makes the experience quite moving. Anyway, how long are your sessions? Because mine are two hours long...I was exhausted by the end!

Ours are 90 min, but I generally only dance for an hour of that time--unless the music is really good... Your setting is so appropriate. Our local teacher calls it "dance church" and we meet at 10 on Sunday mornings!

WolfGirl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is a great idea! I to have been having a hard time finding a sprint to do w/o running. I tried both elliptical and biking but both felt...odd. Sprint dancing is something I will definitely have to try.