Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a great non-gym calesthenic/resistance training workout? page

Klynch44 is offline Junior Member

Anyone have a great non-gym calesthenic/resistance training workout?

Primal Fuel
    I've just gone PB, and have had a history of overtraining in the gym before. (i.e. trainer 5x/week for an hour).

Now I'm walking grok-like a lot and find this totally easy. But I'd like to add a few strength-training workouts that I can do outside (weather permitting, I do live in Canada and even in the house using objects I have around already.

IIf anyone has some fave excercises, tips, or links so I can put together a couple of variations I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, I'm female, and need to lose about 80 lbs. so I need stuff that I can adapt as I get fitter/stronger too.

Wish me luck, and thanks in advance for your help!

Klynch

Mattman is offline Member
    Pick up "The Naked Warrior" by Pavel Tsatsouline.
    I'm reading it at the moment and realising that I've gotten so strong because I've been greasing the groove without knowing it.
    Here's my resolve.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Download Mark's free Primal Blueprint Fitness E-book (link on the home page of the blog.) It meets all your criteria and I really love it!

Tracy is offline Junior Member
    You could get a thera-band. They have different difficulties and can be used tons of ways.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Check out the shovel glove website. Very primal. Very fun.

TimBell is offline Senior Member
    Hey Klynch44!! I also live in Canada and focus all my own training and my clients training around body weight exercises. So first off, there's a ton of exercises you can get done with little to no equipment what so ever. First off there would be push ups, lunges, and squats. The good news is that there are a truck load of variations for each of those exercises.

-push ups from the knees, from the toes, wide hand placement, close hand placement, hindu, dive bomb, plyo etc.
    - squats with your back to the wall, regular squats, deck squats, pistol etc.
    - lunges, walking lunges, plyo lunges, single leg lunges etc.

Those are just a few of them, I often put up descriptions of exercises as well as fee body weight only workouts on my youtube channel (www.youtube.com/JungleFit) and on my blog (www.Jungle-Fit.blogspot.com).

Also, if you get creative with items found around your house you can challenge yourself further and add in other exercises such as dips or rows by using chairs. You can elevate your feet during rows of push ups by resting your feet up on a chair, box, or couch.

Another great piece of fitness equipment to grab and is SUPER CHEAP is a jump rope, they're great to use for "sprint" days in between heavy resistance training days or you can use it along with body weight training in a circuit or conditioning routine.

Take a look at those thinks and message me if you have any questions =)

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    In addition to the other great resources listed I feel compelled to throw "Convict Conditioning" out there... ... it is a bit pricey for a book but the progressions are rock solid and will help you build real strength.

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    And if you want to get real excited... check out "Building the Gymnastics Body"

Muppet is offline Senior Member
    what about trx suspension system?

gator70 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The TRX is a great piece of gear and makes a great alternative workout. Reason I say alternative is I think it's better as a supplement, however it can be pretty effective as your workout centerpiece. It's great for smoking those core musles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast