Thread: Thank goodness this wasn't week 1 for me! page

lizch is offline Senior Member

Thank goodness this wasn't week 1 for me!

I was watching my 12 year old's indoor soccer game, when one of the other parents appeared with a large paper grocery bag. He proceeded to empty its contents right next to me....a bread board, jelly, butter, and a HUGE homemade loaf of bread that smelled amazing! He cut it up and shared it with all the spectators.

Week 1, I'd have devoured half of it.
    This week (week 20?), I had a brief twinge of "Dang!" and then felt no desire to eat it. Glad I'd had bacon and eggs for breakfast
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Nicely done. Definitely easier with time. I'm about 9 or 10 months in now and I don't even really get that twinge anymore. And I used to do the homemade bread. I would make an italian herb bread and could destroy the whole loaf myself. Now I could care less.

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Gak. Bread is the debil.
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean. This morning I went to a bakery to get a sandwich for my husband (I just wanted coffee, and they have GREAT coffee!) and was standing in line staring at the cookies, cakes, pies, etc... and all I thought was "wow, those look so pretty!" I didn't even think of them as food.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I still have moments of sheer agony over bread. Like when I'm out with my wife and we get a warm little loaf with a couple small containers of garlic butter... oh my god. Tough to watch, I'll tell ya.

Good on you for turning your nose up at it!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The only time the old "bread wants" cross my mind is if my Husband has made fresh bread and is just pulling out of the oven. That's a real BITCH to avoid.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome