Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Choose Faces over Figures when choosing long term mate? page

cillakat is offline Senior Member

Men Choose Faces over Figures when choosing long term mate?

Fwiw, all of David Buss' writings are worth reading for anyone interested in evolutionary psychology and the evolution of human behavior.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/fa...07STUDIED.html

ever mind those last 10 pounds. According to a new study, men care more about a woman’s face than they do about her body when seeking a long-term relationship. (snip)

Women treated bodies and faces alike, independent of short- or long-term interest. Men, however, made a distinction between face and figure, depending on their intent. Among male participants, 25 percent of those who were told to consider the person as a long-term partner chose to see the figure, compared with 51 percent who chose the body if they were looking at a potential short-term partner.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

maranne is offline Senior Member
    AHA, that explains a lot!
    M

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I know I prefer a gorgeous face (especially a pair of striking eyes) over the body; however, a nice body is still important, especially a banging bottom
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    When I met my wife it was her body that caught my attention from a distance, but it was her face, specially her eyes, that had me hooked. But it was the intangable theings that let me know I wanted to make it permanent.

One thing to keep in mind, and this goes for men and women, no matter how hot you think that person is, someone somewhere is probably tired of putting up with their crap.

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    One thing to keep in mind, and this goes for men and women, no matter how hot you think that person is, someone somewhere is probably tired of putting up with their crap.
    lol. isn't that the truth.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    UGHHHHHHH Don't even get me started haha
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I picked my girlfriend because she has big boobies... after two years I just discovered she has a face last week!!!

I have to agree with this findings in the OP, I'd much prefer a notterbody to a butterface.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Boobs are awesome. I had a dream about them last night. I refused a 3-girl lapdance because I had to get my gift of a portable ski trail (???) to my grandma before sundown .......

Um, yeah. Well, I find I go for the face most of the time. Does that mean deep down I'm not the swinging bachelor heartbreaker I think I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Boobs are awesome. I had a dream about them last night. I refused a 3-girl lapdance because I had to get my gift of a portable ski trail (???) to my grandma before sundown .......
    Aren't dreams bizarre? Which reminds me of a dream I had last night.....about one of the guys from MDA. O_O Wow.

Holy cats it was a good dream. Yes, *that* good.
    Last edited by cillakat; 11-07-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bodies can be reshaped.

I am personally more attracted to certain personality types above anything else.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast