Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy's journal to stay on track page

Amy
    Amy is offline Junior Member

Amy's journal to stay on track

Primal Fuel

Hello. I just joined you all in the PB journey. I started on 9.1, and so far feel GREAT!!

I am 37 yrs old, living in MA with my wonderful husband of 11 years.

I am 5'7", 145lbs, and 25% bf: uuggghhh!!

I have tried everything know to man to reshape my body (with no luck), and to lose 10/15lbs that crept up on me over the past 6 years. I have been eating super healthy over the past 2 years (no preservatives, no wheat, gluten, sugar, and dairy light), and I am up to committing to the primal way 100%. The biggest change for me will be eating fat: I am a bit afraid, but willing to try.

I normally workout 6 days a week. I have slowly started to change up my workouts this week, but really want to get a grasp on the eating first, and will then incorporate the sprinting, etc.

Goal: lose 10/15lbs, drop belly weight, and bf%.

Eats for WED:

m1:

black coffee/1 stevia

egg/veggie bake

5 strawberries

m2:

2c spinach

pp

1T coconut oil

1T almond butter

ice/water

m3:

5oz ribeye steak

asparagus

1/2 T coconut oil

m4:

mustard lime chicken breast

salad

olives

1T pomegran/vinegar dressing

1c broccoli

1/2 T coconut oil

1424 calories/53 carbs/90 fat/110 protein

15%/55%/30%

My workouts for yesterday was 2.5 mile walk with dog and 45 min interval training.

Felt satisfied for the day: no hunger pains!

Hoping I am doing this right....

Any thoughts/feedback greatly appreciated. I would love some help and motivation along the way. I will take the positive and negative, and will gladly change things up if it will help me with my new primal life. Thanks!

AMY

Amy

Eats for Thursday: planned

m1:

2 cups coffee-black w/ 1 stevia

egg and veggie bake

1/4 c walnuts

m2:

pp

2T almond butter

1T coco oil

2c spinach

m3:

leftover mustard lime chicken

1c brussel sprouts

1T coco oil

m4:

wild salmon 4oz

zucchini fries sprinkled with raw parm cheese

1384 cal/56carbs/111protein/87fat

15%/30%/55%

workout: body was sore this morning, so I decided to just walk today (probably 3 miles).

Amy

Stay on plan. Ate everything listed, and was once again satisfied. It is great to not have hunger pangs.

I have been sleeping so much better too!

THIS PRIMAL LIVING IS GREAT!!

A bit nervous about the upcoming weekend. Weekends in the past is where slip ups have happened. I will take it day by day, but make sure I have food available.

Friday:

m1

2 coffee/1 stevia

pp/2c spinach/1 T coco oil/2T almond butter

m2:

egg/veggie bake

1/3c walnuts

m3:

sockeye salmon 3oz/zucchini

m4:

chicken meatloaf (this does have some oatmeal in it--this was made pre-primal/frozen leftovers)

salad/cuc/tomatoe/olives

1T vinegarette

1362 calories/52carbs/88fat/107protein

wo: resistance

walk: 2.5 miles with dog

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Hi, Amy. It sounds like you were eating well already. What changes did you have to make to your diet?

Amy

dragonmamma: I mainly ate fruit, veggies, and lean meat. I avoided fat like the plague.

So far, so good with the changes. I very rarely ate rice, and needed to give up grains last year due to celiac disease. When I was diagnosed, I also cut out sugar and preservatives.

Really hoping primal is my answer in getting in shape and losing some body fat. I have been stuck here for a while.

How long have you been primal? How have your results been?

AMY

Welcome Amy!

Funny thing is, Fat is the BEST way to lose weight!!! It's soooooo backwards what were are all taught about fat!

Seriously, you will have super cravings for more food and even more carbs if you are not shoving your face full of good animal fat!!!

Take a test-run for 1 week (heck even a day or two will show you) and eat 70% of your calories as fat (bacon grease, coconut oil, palm oil, Ghee, whatever!).

I'm not just touting basic 'mumbo-jumbo' here, but overall, your appetite will severely decrease with this much fat!!!!

(I mean it ;-)

Good luck girl!

Amy

HI SassaFrass!

I was aiming for 10%c/30%p/60%f tomorrow.

I eat anywhere right now from 1320-1425 calories.

Maybe i will aim for 70 on Sunday.

I AM FOR ONCE NOT HUNGRY!! I am really surprised at how good I feel after only doing this for 4 days: amazing?

I really want to lose some fat.

If you don't mind, about how many calories are you taking in with 70% fat? what about carbs/protein?

How long have you been primal? Results?

I really wanted to make sure I am doing this right!

Does it look like I am getting enough protein? (5'7" 145lbs--wanting to lose weight/inches/bf)

thanks

AMY

Calorie-wise, I don't think those are bad cal numbers, but I wouldn't worry about them too much. I found my cals going way down when I started to get to 65 - 75% daily fat intake. Your cals will immediately decrease because your hunger decreases immensely!

I have been Primal nearly 5 months now and I went from 169 to 158 lbs (I'm 5'9"). The lbs are not necessarily a goal-marker for me anymore, since I am now close to a size 8, when 5 yrs ago a size 8 for me was around 145 lbs.

I keep yo-yoing with my carbs, even if they ARE Primal, so I am still battling my last 20 lbs.

That's why I chimed in about the fat. My excess protein intake + decreased fat intake and then additional primal carb intake made me bloat up more instead of continuing to lose weight.

I need to continue tracking in FitDay.com so that I am reminding myself to gobble up more fat, otherwise, my appetite has shifted into high gear! Oops!

18 - 24 hr fasts, with high fat consumption in between is a MAJOR catalyst for fat loss. I had friends left and right commenting on my progress after doing that!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Amy,

Seconding Sassa. Fat=Progress. For me, a big turning point was when I started using CO for cooking.

Also, you may not need to lose as much weight as you think you do. I am actually wearing clothes at 149 lbs that previously did not fit until I was down to 135 on a CW diet (and I actually looked like crap then, cause I wasn't lifting at all).

I've done a couple of IF days, too, and it feels really good.

Have fun, and keep asking questions!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

So, basically, you needed to ADD fat to your diet.

I'm one of the more moderate primals here, in that I'm not ultra-low carb. I'm not trying to lose weight, so I do just fine keeping my carbs at around 100-150 grams a day. I do just fine with fruit, sweet potatoes and beans, but grains (particularly wheat) make me feel bloated and inflamed. I also don't do dairy except a bit of yogurt.

I've been grain-free about half a year now, and I've been obsessed with coconut products for a couple of months. I've maintained my weight for about four years (I used to be 45 pounds heavier), but since cutting out the grains I'm looking leaner and meaner.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast