Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy's journal to stay on track page 3

CaveCat Guest

Primal Fuel

I just stumbled on this thread. Great stuff here! I've been stuck at progress the past few weeks. I'm going to add in more fat to see if that helps. Thanks, guys, for the info.

@Amy -- I love how you've dropped from four meals a day to just two. It's amazing how it works, right? And IF is awesome.

Amy
    Amy is offline Junior Member

HI CaveCat! Thanks for stopping by. Really, this site has been so helpful in my staying on track.

2 weeks down, and the rest of my life to go!

I took measurements on Saturday and so far I am down 5lbs, 1" off the waist, and 2" off the belly pooch! Needless to say, I am estatic!!

Sorry I was MIA all day yesterday. I walked 26 miles for cancer. I TRIED to be primal all day, but had to eat bars and fruit, so I ended up a tiny bit over 100 for the day.

BUT I am feeling great and back on track for Monday!

I was going to fast breakfast, but decided against it because I really am hungry, and want to refuel after a long walk.

Today I will rest and opt not to workout.

I will be back later to report how today goes.......

I plan on taking it a bit easy to rest the body, and will be aiming for around 30g carbs today!

AMY

Amy

Still a bit sore in the feet from the 26 walk, so I may just walk the dog today and do a few pushups. Hope to get back to wo tomorrow.

I was really hoping to add sprints and heavier weights this week, but I am going to listen to my body....I may need to wait till next week.

So Eating on Monday. So nice to be back to REAL food

m1:

2c coffee/1 stevia

egg/turkey/veggie bake

ham

m2:

sockey salmon

broccoli

butter

m3:

meatloaf

asparagus

broccoli

butter

m4:

mixed nuts/coconut/dark chocolate (handful)

carbs were at 30g. Really could have done without the nuts/chocolate in the evening. I think I ate it cuz I was bored. 1st time doing that primal....

I am going to fast this morning and eat lunch and dinner today (i think). We will see how things go!!

Beautiful day in MA today. I will need to get out to walk the dog at lunchtime!! Clouds and cooler weather heading in tomorrow....

a

Amy

So my feet are feeling much better today, and I am feeling myself again since walking the 26 miles.

tues

wo: 2mile walk

eats:

m1:

2c coffee/1stevia

egg/veggie/turkey bake

m2:

spaghetti squash 1.5c

chicken breast

chorico-gf

1/2 c tomato sauce

Was not hungry yesterday. with the squash the carbs were a bit higher 44g, but still in line....

Really wanted to start the sprints, but I have decided to hold off til next week. I did weights this morning and will do them again on Friday.

Steak tonight for dinner: I can hardly wait!!

Amy

I got on the scale this morning . Was reading down 5lbs for several days, but now it is back up 5lbs.

Kind of bummed!!

Going to try and stay on course.

Perhaps I will do a 24hr fast: dinner to dinner. DONE: set for Thursday pm to Friday pm.

I am still entering things into myfitnesspal.

I do know I need to up the exercise (less cardio/more resistance! Foot is feeling better, HARDCORE next week for sure!!

STAY POSITIVE!!

WED

wo: walk 2 miles/45min intervals

eats:

2c coffee/stevia

2eggs scrambled

1oz cheese/1oz raw milk

.5c spinach

3 sausage links

1T butter

m2:

8oz raw milk

pp

1c spinach

1/4 frozen stawberry slices

m3:

ribeye steak 6oz/mushrooms onions-3ozeach

1T butter

roasted zucchini sprinkled with raw parm cheese

HMMM, noticing the cheese and dairy in there where I haven't really had any.....will need to watch dairy intake!

40g carbs/108g protein/101g fat

Hang in there Amy. You're journal is mirroring mine. I see that when people start, your body starts dumping weight fast and you get pumped, then, the scale goes back up and your thinking "Sure I haven't been over 100g carbs and I've been mostly under 50g for several days, so what's the deal?". Don't worry. I too had this happen. Good thing is, this weight loss is so very different from what we are used to. Keep measuring and try to stay away from the scale. I haven't weighed myself in over a month, but my pants are falling off.... THAT, I know! ;-)

Keep it up. I went through phases: 1. Easing into Primal, 2. Encouraging more 'Primal' choices, 3. IF and extra fat plus less fruit, 4. Gorging myself silly on fruit and nuts and/ or Primal treats like berry muffins, etc., 5. (Current state), eating mainly Protein, Fat and some veggies.

It is a long process and sometimes the lbs show back up on the scale, but, we're women and sometimes a matter of hormones and water-retention can show up in anywhere from 5 - 7 lbs, in one day alone!

You are doing fantastically! Don't forget that!

Amy

Thanks Sassa!!! I do need to at times take a deep breath and realize that weight loss is a process. From what I hear too, the last 10lbs are the hardest to come off, and that is really what I need (10-15lbs)

I am fasting today. From dinner last night til dinner tonight. I will make sure to drink some tea and water today!

I also just read a great post from Nick about ZERO carbs, and this may be what I need!

Had a great workout with the hubby this morning, and I am ready to take on the day (and the fast!).

THURS:

wo: 2miles/35min intervals

eats:

m1:

2c coffee/1stevia

3oz ribeye

1oz raw milk

2 eggs

m2:

was trying to fast, but had 1/4c walnuts

m3:

fish and vegtable coconut milk soup (Delish!!)

The soup was from a primal website, and it was sooooo good! I have leftovers in the freezer for at least 2 more meals.

I also stocked up on grass fed steaks and will start eating some steak with breakfast, etc.

tonight I will have fish at the end of my fast.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Sounds perfect Amy! You are hardcore Primal now! WELCOME to the club ;-D

Definitely the toughest to get rid of the last 10. Try to keep up with intermittent fasting and then try to go pure carnivore for 1 whole day.

Once you meet your goal, you can have veggies, fruits, etc, but for now, the last 10 will require discipline (trust me, I am just about there myself).

Definitely listen to Nick on the zero carb thing. As you can see on my post after his, I totally agree with his (if rather long) post based on my own, personal experience.

I also made a seafood coconut soup last night! It was fabulous. I 'vacuum' sealed the larger amount for further storage and then proceeded to completely spill a good 2 - 3 meals worth of the rest onto my kitchen floor last night :-( You don't want to know what words came out of my mouth when THAT happened!!! :-( (I think I'm STILL pouting about that...)

Happy Friday indeed!

Amy

so I took the weekend off from the board. Stayed primal all weekend EXCEPT I had a margarita Sat night.

Managed to attend 2 events this week with sweets, etc and was not tempted, and had no cravings for it!!

Making a asian pepper steak crock pot recipe from this site for dinner tonight. Smells yummy!!

This morning for breakfast I had leftover Thai seafood coconut milk soup, and think I wiil be satisfied till dinner time.

Tomorrow I think I will try a carnivore day (thanks Sassa!).

Off for a walk with the pooch. Nice day, who needs lunch!!

AMY

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Have a great walk!

I think I'll eat my seafood soup now as well!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast