Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Carb Celebrities page

Adrianag is offline Senior Member

Low Carb Celebrities

Primal Fuel
    I'm almost embarassed to admit I was watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills when I noticed one of the filthy rich "pseudo-stars" tell her chef to keep the meal low carb for the lunch with the "ladies". I've seen the group eating several fancy meals and there is no bread, pasta or grains to be seen. Maybe a rumor has gotten around that carbs are incompatible with silicone...

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I don't watch this but I think low carb is a lot more popular than we think, there is a stigma attached to it so a lot of people don't admit it. I'm sure most of the super toned celebrities are low carb too.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

drbrik is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    I don't watch this but I think low carb is a lot more popular than we think, there is a stigma attached to it so a lot of people don't admit it. I'm sure most of the super toned celebrities are low carb too.
    Exactly.

“Courtney Thorne-Smith revealed in a September 2009 interview that low-carb is how people in the industry eat and that it’s pretty common knowledge amongst industry insiders what you need to do to slim down is restrict your carbohydrate intake to primarily nuts, cheeses, meats, and non-starchy veggies. The problem is that while this way of eating is considered normal within the inner circles of the celebrity world, very few of them are out there talking about how the low-carb lifestyle changed their life.” http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/s...s-episode-287/

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    I remember watching the red carpet pre-show before some televised awards event a few years back. The hosts of the pre-show were trying to be funny, and brought a big plate of cookies to offer the celebrities as they passed by. Each and every one of the celebrities laughed raucously at the idea of eating a cookie. Cyndi Lauper jumped backwards like they were offering her arsenic. She was like, "I haven't eaten a cookie in over a decade! Are you kidding?!"

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it's always just a few that admit it, but I'd guess many celebs are low-carb.

After Drew Carey lost 80 lbs and got rid of his diabetes recently he was really open about being low-carb.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Some blog (Free the Animal maybe?) mentioned Megan Fox being paleo. Now there's a juicy (ok, not juicy) spokes woman for "the cause"

I'd love it if Ellen Degeneres (sp?) was paleo/primal. She's very influential and one of my favorite celebrities.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Some blog (Free the Animal maybe?) mentioned Megan Fox being paleo. Now there's a juicy (ok, not juicy) spokes woman for "the cause"

I'd love it if Ellen Degeneres (sp?) was paleo/primal. She's very influential and one of my favorite celebrities.
    Ellen is a loud vegan. =P

JCoop is offline Junior Member
    Ellen is very much vegan, and has her personal chief on the show all the time teaching people all kinds of yummy vegan recipes involving tofu....yuck!!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Oh is she? I guess I don't really watch her show enough. I guess she likes animals too much to eat em, ah well.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I remember flipping through one of those idiotic magazines (sorry) a while back. They had a feature on the diets of Beach Hunks - Matthew McConaughey etc. Nearly all of them described some version of Atkins / low carb / gluten free / paleo thing, none of them were vegetarians. The article made no mention of the obvious connections between their various eating plans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast