Awesome job man!

45 lbs is no small feat!

Keep on keepin on!

-Sean

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Thanks, Sean!

void_provocateur Guest

Just wanted to note something about Intermittent Fasting. A mistake some people make when they fast is to eat a whole days worth or two at the end of the fast. What never gets mentioned and that researchers are discovering is that when you break the fast you should eat what's normal in one meal. (This doesn't count for things like the warrior diet)

Say you eat normally on monday and tuesday, your last meal on tuesday is about 500 calories at 6pm. you then fast till 6pm on wednesday where you then eat a normal meal of 500 calories (whatever your normal intake is), then eat normally on thursday, friday and saturday, then again last meal at 6 pm on saturday of 500 or whatever calories, next meal is sunday at 6pm, or if you have the balls for it, your next meal is breakfast on monday with your regular number of calories for one meal.

This format is the most efficient and the reason why many people get better results from eat stop eat than from the warrior diet. Dr. Eades has said much on this: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/c...ttent-fasting/

hfox is offline Junior Member

I just wanted to chime in to affirm 62shelby's very sound advice.

When I met with my endocrinologist recently, he told me virtually exactly what 62shelby just cautioned about IFing. Those who have known endocrine issues are really best to steer clear of it because their bodies will not necessarily respond to fasting the same way that other people's will.

Take care, Marci. I hope you sort this out and get the results you've been working towards soon.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Interesting link, void. Thanks.

The pieces of the puzzle are slowly but surely falling into place.

62shelby Guest

void provocateur, thanks for your iteration on IF.

I used Brad Pilon's eat stop eat without success, without overeating when I broke my fast, for the reasons I outlined which I will repeat that fasting is probably NOT recommended for those with endocrine issues. Its not breaking the fast that is the problem, its the metabolic response DURING that is the problem.

I will go as far as to say that it is irresponsible to suggest it to someone with thyroid/endocrine imbalances.

nina_70 Guest

I second (third, tenth...) the fat comment. Definitely gotta add fat to the diet. I'm a big fan of coconut oil. It's helped me to start dropping again after a recent plateau.

void_provocateur Guest

@62shelby, I agree with you, I didn't mean to imply that that was the reason. I just wanted to note something that a lot of people don't realize.

IFing is definitely not for everyone. Most people with most issues will do fine with it, but obviously there are certain issues that can't be safely addressed by it.

Luckily, IF is not the only answer, nor the best. Good luck 62shelby.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234