Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Many diets later... page 4

Catalina is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Marloe. . .that's fantastic that you'll be offering some Primal options and moving desserts towards being more primal, too! Congrats on keeping it all going during these tough times.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Yeah, my head spun with that SIR thingy. But I like it, it's more catchy.

Marlow, where is your restaurant? Sorry if I missed that info.....

grandma is offline Member

I found that you can change how your name is displayed on by editing your profile, so I changed it to first name: Sir last name: Grandma (you can call me sir). When I changed that, it changed everywhere. So there it is.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

grandma is offline Member

Marloe, the restaurant sounds fantastic. I have never been to South Africa. My boss is from there (don't know where, he's not the type for small talk). I'd like to go sometime. Again, good luck with your journey and with the restaurant.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Marloe Guest

Hello PrimalMates

Must say not feeling too hungry yet - it is mid-morning here and Sam my kitchen assistant and I have been doing our Saturday morning thing, freezing, packing, cleaning...listening to some good 'move your booty' music on the radio. I am going to make myself an egg something with vegetables. I will see what I can concoct.

The restaurant is open 4 days a week - Tuesday to Friday - and we have lamb shanks all those days. This means that the gorgeous stock with red wine gets chilled in the fridge and then the fat is scooped off the top and kept in a jar in the fridge. This is used along with grapeseed oil or butter so we waste very little. My dogs get some on their food and of course they just love it.

Recently we got a sample box of different fish and this morning I cut it up in order to make a fish chowder this weekend...and saffron fish tea. Can't wait to try that. If it turns out well I shall post it with recipes.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Marloe

Marloe Guest

Dear Journal

My successes today were pretty cool...

I had only 2 fermented apple drinks (read cider whereas I would normally have gone on and had a bottle of wine in the evening. So a pretty pink star for me. Then I get another pink star for eating a small papino instead of a sandwich. 3 pink stars gets me a gold one, so let me see...oh yes. I drank over 2 litres of water today. There you go - I get a gold star. However, no greens today so that earns me a black circle - and three of those loses me a gold star.

Better watch out...!

Marloe Guest

I spent a large part of the day going through the Warrior Diet, reading up on the Eat-Stop-Eat diet again, read some recipes, and the Body Ecology Diet, and went to a site called Every Diet. Wow, there are so many diets out there! It is no wonder I am so bamboozled.

It still seems the right way to go to not have too many high glycemic foods, a minimum of starchy carbs... and I go with the low Glycemic Load foods.

Boredom is a big factor in successful dieting and low anything diets become very boring after a while. The long lists of foods to avoid eventually play a psychological part in putting this dieter off diets. In the end I will have to make up my own version of whatever it is that appeals to me. Personally, I need to up my vegetable intake. That is my bottom line. I can eat meat all the time and have no problem there, but I am lazy about vegetables. This is my own new challenge, to eat more vegetables.

My blood type is B+ and it is said that to lose weight, us B types must eat meat and vegetables. So there it is. Will need to concentrate - focus.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Marloe, that whole blood type thing is bunk. We just had a discussion here on it; it's bad, bad "science." Go to WAPF book reviews and see what they say.

You are right about the psychological part. That's one of the great things about Paleo/Primal, the very best foods are the OK foods. Now, I admit that I do miss some carby or grain foods, but I just have a bit now and then and I'm good for awhile.

Marloe Guest

Yeah well I was never able to do the Blood Type Diet I must admit! And I must be honest with myself - no diet has ever really grabbed me especially if it is prohibitive in many ways. Long lists of NO foods are extremely daunting...and dieting is boring to say the least. It has taken up most of my free time thinking over too many years. Perhaps I am too stubborn or too much of an extremist. My love of food is a long time thing. And I need to find a way to eat that suits my own lifestyle and my restaurant's workings. I cannot say that I am so stuck on the idea of cutting out a whole food group or 3. Learning to live with minimal amounts would be a good start. My appetite is very active, to say the least. I am also of the age that the middle age spread is harder and harder to deal with. However, I am a truly healthy person in that I am seldom if ever sick. My foods are healthy foods, although I do love the occasional foray into pizza land...once every few months, and bread is the one thing I try to stay far away from because it is a trigger food for me, especially Italian bread and heavy seed loaves. I shall try to keep them in the 20% slot

I shall keep on working at it, and try not to get obsessive.

janagram is offline Senior Member

Yeah, Marloe, I agree with you on a number of points. Most importantly, food must be enjoyable. Without that, we have lost touch with something. (something primal)!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234