Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Socially acceptable, cheap, barefoot-style shoes? page 3

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarauko View Post
    The first pair I bought at a Nike outlet store in Japan, they are identical to the ones in the picture I posted above - I love them. I use them as slippers at work (Japan even at school I have to take my outdoor shoes off!). The second pair I got in a bargain bin at random shoe store in Japan again, they are a little different actually, I just hunted around my house for the box and found it - they are called "sneakerboat"
    The u-soc are slip on, fully elasticized.
    The sneakerboat, have a stronger toe and are closer fitting and have a lacing/strawstring system on the top to get a really tight fit, they are very flexible, but grippy enough that I can use them for indoor climbing.
    They are very minimalistic shoes, just a thin piece of sticky rubber and some thin neoprene on top.

I have these too. Great to wear around. Now that its cold out i wear my keens around, but for summer I sported these Nike's everywhere. I got them at sports Authority. But I cant find them anywhere now.

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    I actually have the black ones at the bottom of the page.

http://www.runblogger.com/2010/05/ni...potential.html

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuirkyPixy View Post
    I rock a pair of Converse All Star Light shoes ( http://www.converse.com/#/products/S...Taylor/511530F ); even with the additional "arch support" they advertise, the shoes are still lighter and far more flexible than traditional Chucks. The Men's version is the "Slim" line.
    Narrower construction. Not good for those of us with wide feet
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

drbrik is offline Member
    I just bought these Nike Hull shoes online. I will let you know what they are like when I get them.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I don't have any good suggestions. I just wanted to say "get over yourself." It's not like you planned on wearing VFFs to a club or anything, right? Right? So all that leaves is the price tag. Wear them as walking shoes around town and they'll last you a good 3 months. Wear them inside at the gym and who knows, but they're probably a very good investment that way.

Now I'm off to Wimbledon! *whoosh*

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    An option I just saw blogged about yesterday:

www.sockwa.com

The price is good for the Dojo style ($30) and they look really nice. They are my next purchase:-)!

Carrie

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    I had an men's version too, which I have seen referred to as "kung fu shoes". A big advantage to them is that even the fancier ones are usually less than $20. Here's one online store that carries them: http://www.natashascafe.com/html/shoes.html.
    Annika - I read your quote on Monday, ordered my $9 pair online same day, got them on Tuesday. Love them. Very comfy and well made. Walking in them reminds me of high school wrestling shoes. I second Annika's recommendation for the Kung Fu shoes.

Note : their website sizing info is right on the money. I measure between a 42 or a 43 in VFF's; however I am a 10.5 men's US size, which Natasha's call a 44s. I thought the 44 would be too big, but I took their advice and ordered the 44 and they are spot-on.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    What about martial arts shoes?

http://www.karatedepot.com/martialartsshoes.html

drbrik is offline Member
    With my martial art shoes, the heel is not too big but there is not really any flex through it.

drbrik is offline Member
    Got the Nike Hulls. Very flexible through the sole. Toe box feels a little restrictive but better than my runners. They feel good to run in. Even better for going out in to places where you are expected to wear shoes. I've also ordered a pair of Huarache sandals from invisible shoes to wear out in summer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast