Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Exercising in a fasted state... page

  1. #1
    terrax's Avatar
    terrax is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    89

    Question Exercising in a fasted state...

    Primal Fuel
    I pretty much do my workouts in a fasted state everyday since I workout first thing when I wake up in the morning. I know Mark recommends the fasted workout every so often because of its benefits, but is it bad to do it for pretty much every workout? and are there benefits to working out in a non-fasted state?

  2. #2
    iniQuity's Avatar
    iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,683
    www.leangains.com

    All your answers right there. I train fasted 90% of the time, the other 10% is when I'm just "messing around" trying some balance tricks which usually end up being full blown workouts anyway. I do those at night though maybe one or two hours after eating, I don't notice a real difference.

  3. #3
    Diana Renata's Avatar
    Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    5,394
    Almost all of my workouts are fasted too, since I do mine in the morning.

  4. #4
    cillakat's Avatar
    cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,473
    I strongly prefer fasted..all the time.



    iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order


  5. #5
    Lojasmo's Avatar
    Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    977
    The only drawback is the potential for muscle catabolism. If that is a concern, branched chain amino acids can be taken beforehand.

  6. #6
    TigerLily's Avatar
    TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    metro Portland
    Posts
    3,177
    I've trained fasted for years. This week, due to screwy scheduling and a rare late afternoon workout, I had eaten 2 hours beforehand. It sucked.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

  7. #7
    misathemeb's Avatar
    misathemeb is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    98
    i love fasted as well, food just sits too heavily in my stomach. i'd much rather eat post workout after i've cooled down

  8. #8
    queen_sheba's Avatar
    queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    875
    i like playing squash fasted, but i feel it affects my mental agility and hand/eye co-ordination. i find a less mentally taxing workout easier in fasted state...
    Scottish Sarah

    Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

    Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

  9. #9
    Adventure8410's Avatar
    Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio and Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,429
    I pretty much only train fasted in the mornings.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

    My blog

  10. #10
    moo's Avatar
    moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    477
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ditto. mornings and only fasted. At least for weight training, everything else is dependent on my schedule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •