Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm in love! page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I have fallen head over heals in love...

with zucchini chips!

I got loads and loads of yellow squash and zucchini. I shredded some and put it in the freezer, and I started slicing some into chips. I put them in the oven straight on the racks at 140* with the door cracked open. It took about a day, but I have chips!

A co-worker is letting me borrow her dehydrator, and I'll be borrowing a second dehydrator from my parents. Now I have to get all the zucchini and yellow squash I can get my hands on. I need a supply for the winter- LOL!

Now to find a nice Primal nacho dip.

Wendy1 Guest

Yum!! Sounds awesome

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Do you use any seasoning on them? I tried the Kale chip recipe. They were OK the first day but were really bad the next day. I don't think they were dry enough when they went into the container.

maba is offline Senior Member

That sounds awesome DR! How about Baba ghanoush for a dip. Or pesto whisked in CM (I usually do it w/ yoghurt, but CM would be a primal alternative). If you want to OD on zucchini, SoG has a recipe for Zucchini Hummus. Hmmm, let's see... how about salsa. Or salsa verde, I made it 2 weeks ago w/ roasted tomatillos, it tasted awesome.

I salted some of the chips, and left the others plain, to see what I liked better. Might try different spices and see what goes best. Onion powder might be good.

Great suggestions, Maba! I could really go for some salsa right now too. I'll have to see what I can find from SoG. He's got some great stuff.

Tomatillos are still foreign to me. I'd love a recipe for your salsa verde though. I'm trying to be more adventurous with veggies.

Catalina is offline Member

Diana, Here's a great no-cheese cheesy sauce that I adapted from a vegan cookbook from my local co-op. Add jalepeņos, and I think it would make a great nacho dip:

Blend together:

1 med red pepper, diced

1 cup cashews

1 cup water

1 TBL lemon juice

1 TBL olive oil

2 TBL cup diced onion

1/2 tsp Celtic or Hawaiian sea salt

2 cloves garlic

3/4 tsp turmeric

You could play with any of the ingredients--the red pepper and turmeric give it a nice orange color, and the cashews a nice, cheese sauce consistency--you could probably try another nut as well. (P.S. It's yummy over cauliflower too!)

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

oh yum i have tons of zucchini and summer squash ..do you peel the skin off first or leave on? I would imagine these would be great with pico de gallo! oxoox Darlene

maba is offline Senior Member

DR, this is how I made my salsa verde. Roast tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, garlic (with the peel on) in an oven till the skin chars a bit. Peel the garlic and pulse all the ingredients in a food processor till smooth (or chunky if you like it that way). Season with salt and garnish with chopped cilantro. It was very tangy, just the way I like it.

Agnieszka Guest

And for the lazy among us, a good version of the salsa verde is available from Trader Joe's.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Catalina that sounds so good! OMG!

Wow, Maba, that sounds surpisingly easy. I've got onion and jalapeno and garlic. Just need the tomatillos.

Agnieszka... unfortunately I don't have a Trader Joe's... though I did find some TJ mango sauce at a dollar store, lol!

Darlene- I'm lazy. I just left the skins right on. It gave them a nice cruch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast