Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm in love! page 2

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

cool cuz I am lazy too lol xooxo Darlene

(Trying these tomorrow!)

NicoB is offline Senior Member

One of my favorite dips (can be easy or complicated depending on laziness) is artichoke and black olives.

Easy: Two cans of artichoke hearts, and one can of pitted black olives. Drain them throw in a bowl, add salt and pepper, and olive oil.

***OPTIONAL*** some minced garlic (one or two cloves).

Pull out the stick blender, and make it smooth.

Hard: Same as above, but steam whole artichokes (don't forget the get the meat from the bottom of the petals as well as the heart (discard the beard of course), and get some good premium black olives (and spend a whole lot of time removing the pits).

***SIDE NOTE*** Depending on the method of preparation of the black olives you might not need to add olive oil.

I let y'all guess which is the tastier of the two...

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Garlic is never optional. It's mandatory.

That sounds really good, and I've been meaning to buy an artichoke, as I never have before.

NicoB is offline Senior Member

Artichoke as comes in easy and complicated.

Easy: Run under cold water to rinse, and make sure to get in between the leaves. Turn off water, grab some plastic wrap, and wrap each 'choke by itself.

Throw them in the microwave for a minute, when timer runs out pull one out and try to remove a petal.

If it comes off easily eat and enjoy, if not another go in the merry-go-zap.

***WARNING: THOSE BUGGERS WILL BE HOT

Complicated (not really): Trim the top so that the 'chokes can stand on their heads.

Put water in the bottom of a pan, a steamer, and the chokes head down (don't let the chokes touch the water).

Slowly steam until the petals are easily pulled off.

And remember: don't eat the beard! It's like a mouthful of hair... Yuck!

And for this you might need 4 or 5 artichokes. The little purple ones are the tastiest IMO.

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Chips? Yey! I'm going to try to make some tonigh.

Homemade Guacamole! Saute garlic in butter, add to pureed avocados, add lime juice, salt, pepper & other spices.

I was eating mine with sweet potato spears, but I like the zucchini and squash chips idea better!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I think I shouldn't have read that while I was hungry. I can't wait to get paid tomorrow so I can buy some FOOD. I'm gonna have 7 kinds of dips in my house now- lol.

AndreaC is offline Member

Oooh, SassaFrass good idea! I've never managed to add more fat to my guacamole before, but that's awesome.

There will definitely be butter in my next batch.

By the way, if anyone is lazy, a good, fresh (refrigerated section) salsa plus avocado makes a really fast guacamole. My bf and I are addicted to Santa Barbera salsas (I'm 90% certain they don't add anything evil).

Selah is offline Senior Member
    can anyone tell me how to make the Kale chips? These ideas on this post sound awesome. I really need something to get me away from eating all these pork rinds!!!

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I'm loving the zucchini ideas, and I just got a dehydrator so I'll be making zucchini chips and zucchini lasagna now! Thanks, great idea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast