Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to apologise...(again!) page

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield

Unhappy I want to apologise...(again!)

Shop Now
    Dear All,

I don't really know what to say, because this time I've embarrassed even me. I don't really have any excuses for what I've said, except that I am under a LOT of family stress at the moment (massive falling out with my sister - she can't see why I'm pissed at her, either, but that's irrelevant).

I'd particularly like to apologise to Kat, who I had a go at purely because she happens to share the same name as my sister (and that was the day I found out what a callous bitch my kid sis really is). Kat, you can't help what your mum called you (and it's not even like it's spelt the same - we're part Scottish and my sister's name is Catriona - the Scots Gaelic form of Catherine, but she's always been known as Cat.)

Right that's it, FWIW.

Just hope folk here are still speaking to me.

Peace

Sarah xxx
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    who I had a go at purely because she happens to share the same name as my sister
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 11-04-2010 at 11:26 PM.

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member

claude512 is offline Senior Member

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    hahah...anymore genius pictures? lol - love Lt Worf!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claude512 View Post
    HeeHee!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Sarah-
    There have been times I've had to not lash out at folks (people named Sarah and Cassie in particular) for a small grievance. Those names happen to be the same as two people who I'm not on particularly good speaking terms with (one screwed over Guy with Woman Problems, and one is a sister who refuses to forgive me for an accident 15 years ago.) I'm generally pretty good about it, but sometimes I don't catch myself. You've (I've) learned so much, but keeping control of that tongue can be a bear. My suggestion is the same thing I do: If I go on a rant or am responding to something I don't like online, I'll type it into a word processor first. If I can't read it as an outsider five minutes later and not get mad at the writer, I don't post it.
    If you can get your tongue under control (not meant as anything other than the bald statement it is, remember, I have the same issue), I think you'd actually get more responses that were helpful, rather than people having you on ignore. Just passing on a lesson I learned the hard way.
    By the way, I do appreciate the apology towards the folks you hurt.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I appreciate your apology, but I think instead of apologizing try to remember this post before you lash out. I know controlling your impulses may be hard with asperger's but seriously give it an honest try. It's bogus for you to apologize if you're just going to do it again and again.

Also, try to take some of the good advice you're given and don't just abandon your own threads when you're told things you don't want to hear. Taking our advice, or at least making an attempt, is better than any apology.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Not that I'm meaning to stick my nose in... but just a thought.

An apology is great, but you really take away from it when you make an excuse or try to justify what you're apologizing for.
    "I'm sorry I kicked your cat, but really I only did it because she got in my way."

See how silly, and disingenous that sounds?

Bane is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast