Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Fuel - Good Pre-Workout Meal Replacement? page

Sovereign is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel - Good Pre-Workout Meal Replacement?

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

First time poster here. I'm currently looking for a meal replacement - reason being that I attend a martial arts class at night, mainly high intensity interval type training, and there isn't enough time to get to a good food place and still make it to class in time.

I don't know too much about nutrition, so was wondering if Mark's Primal Fuel drink would serve as a good pre-workout meal replacement? Thoughts?

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I definitely think so! You'll find some here are opposed to smoothies in general, but I find that they are tasty and filling. As for Primal Fuel specifically, I have to try it but the ratios are great. Though, depending on the intensity of your exercise and your weight goals, you may want to add some carbs to this as I remember it being pretty low carb.

Yup, that's what I was concerned about. From what I've read online, it seems I should load up on protein and complex carbs before a workout, but Primal Fuel seems to boast low-carb as one of its main points.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Just pack something from home...

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Yup, that's what I was concerned about. From what I've read online, it seems I should load up on protein and complex carbs before a workout, but Primal Fuel seems to boast low-carb as one of its main points.
    Personally, I would drink the smoothie and have half a banana or something. Bring some fruit to go with your smoothie and you're golden

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I drink primal fuel after every crossfit WoD, but never before because I'd rather keep it in my stomach than on the floor.

I also had one after my jiu-jitsu class.

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    I would rather do a meal replacement bar, like the ones from http://youbars.com
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

frittycat99 is offline Junior Member
    What time is the class @? like 6? I usually eat a mini-meal around 4 (some protein (a couple oz worth), some fat (a few almonds), some veg (half a cup of chopped raw veg like carrots or something with a little more carb) and a lil fruit (half an apple or some berries). Fuels the workout and you are digested enough to not chuck up on the floor. Basically I pack a bigger lunch, eat 2/3 of it at lunch and the other 1/3 a couple hours before 'performance'. Ive always done this, even before going primal...works well.

The class is at 7:30, the ride takes 45 minutes and I finish work at 6, so I usually go to the nearest food place and scarf something down. It's quite rushed, which is why I'm looking around for alternatives.

PaleoDavid is offline Junior Member
    Tanka Bars might work.
    Last edited by PaleoDavid; 01-01-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo "might" not "night." LOL
    "A common mistake people make when trying to design something foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast