Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good DARK Chocolate? page

Saoirse is offline Senior Member

Good DARK Chocolate?

Shop Now
    I've been eating Divine dark chocolate for a while- 70% I think. It's starting to taste way too sweet, like milk chocolate did- so I think I need to move up. I tried Lindt 85%, and while it was palatable, it also tasted a little waxy and burnt. Does anyone have a chocolate brand that they'd recommend, which tastes good at 85% or higher?

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Green & Black's Organic 85% dark chocolate .... it is my absolute favorite!
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I look for dark chocolate that includes vanilla as an ingredient. I've loved every one of those so far.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I am not a huge fan of Green & Black. My current chocolate of choice is Ritter-SPort, but I am not sure what % they have.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Green & Blacks has milk powder in it; milk makes me break out. I like the Dagoba 83% and the Scharffen-Berger 82%. The SB is softer. I also noticed that regular dark chocolate tastes too sweet. I never thought my sweet tooth would change!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    not a fan of the g&b myself, also has that "burnt" taste. hmmm... ritter-sport... I've heard of that but am not sure where to get it. i know that i can order the dagoba, though.

alright, so i ordered the dagoba and i noticed another- alter eco. i'm going to try both of these and report back. the order should be in next Thursday.

a-ha! I recognize the ritter sport as a brand that my hungarian friend feeds me. hers, however, is a very sweet kind. i will have to ask where she buys it to see if i can locate a darker version.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 11-05-2010 at 12:12 AM.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    i find there's a critical point. Anything about about 72% and they start adding in "reduced far cocoa powder"

watch because the higer the cocoa content, the higher the fat!

you don't say where you live ....in the UK the co-op does a cracking 85% bar which is super smooth and tasty. otherwise would go G&B too

I also came across this brand called Baur who do a 77% cocoa and it is just lovely...

otherwise I find them chalky, due to the added cocoa powder!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

jodyanne is offline Junior Member
    Lidl and Aldi do lovely 81% and 85% brands.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I don't like Lindt. It's crumbly and dry.

My favorites are Green & Black's 85% and Scarffen Berger 99%. SB is very smooth and creamy, and contains only cocoa beans and vanilla bean.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/pure-...ate-CHCPURIST/

Anything up to 100% cocoa solids... which I haven't found courage to try yet, but everything I've ever had from them (hooray for 20%) has been beautiful. (They have a store in Oxford. Ohdear.)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast