Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Top 3 Challenges When Going Primal... page 9

cateydid is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    1.) Sugar—that stuff is so darn addictive, and it's bloody everywhere!
    2.) Getting enough fat in my diet. It's actually rather hard for me.
    3.) Giving up lots of cardio. Actually, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do this. I love getting my runner's high, so I think steady-state running will almost always be a part of my life.

Rina is offline Member
    1. dealing with breakfast. everything else throughout the day was easy to do primal, but breakfast, my beloved cereal with banana and milk was so difficult for me to give up. now i have nut and coconut flake "cereal" with coco milk, protein powder, blueberries and a little banana. love it. although i try to have eggs n bacon when i'm up for it.
    2. the extra time for food prep. i was already very much in the kitchen all the time making everything from scratch, but with taking out some of the cw snack and breakfast foods it's prep-time-all-the-time.
    3. the cost of quality meat. once you go grass-fed, happy animals, you just can't go back. we accept that cost. we can taste the difference.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    1 - Chocolate. I admit i'm a chocolholic and although #I go for the good stuff 85%, i still can sometime not stop myself eating the whole bar. I also miss ice cream - good proper vanilla haagen daaz. but again comes down to self control - can't keep a tub in the house.

2 - being able to afford to constantly buy fresh veggies and nice meat every week. having to buy frozen. Although this is helpful in the deep dark winter we are getting in to....

3 - Exercise...just probably need to motivate myself to do more...i'm happy playing squash once a week, zumba class and walking to work. So need to remember to do them all and maybe another walk during the day at the weekend!

**My breakfast tips are commuter squares or almond pancakes with whichever filling/topping you choose!!**
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

theholla is offline Senior Member
    1. Cost. I was so used to stretching our grocery budget with beans, rice, and tofu. Now I'm experimenting with cheaper ways to buy quality ingredients, like canned salmon and frozen broccoli, but it still doesn't make up for the pricey coconut milk addiction I've developed

2. Packing lunch every day (and other convenience issues). I can't just go to the burrito truck anymore. The big ass salad is my go-to lunch now, but I still don't get it together to pack lunch every day. Luckily, there are some relatively primal options near my office, but they tend to be expensive ($8.50 for a salad as opposed to $4.00 for a burrito)

3. Fruit. I have a difficult time not overeating on it once I start. I think I just need to accept that all sugar, even natural sugar, drives me bonkers.

And one more that didn't quite make the top 3 list:

4. Pizza. I live a block away from one of the best pizza places in my city. Giving up bread and pasta was very easy for me since I never particularly liked them, but a good brick oven pizza is hard to resist. I'm very proud of myself for not having had pizza once since August, especially since my husband still brings it home once in a while.

Overall though, I find this a very natural and satisfying way to eat.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

see i just don't get any of those carb cravings...pizza, sandwiches, pasta - nothing! I must just be weird but I think my body knows it is wrong for me and therefore doesn't crave it. i prefer chinese or indian or tapas food...

i literally went from eating it one day - to none the next or since. I don't crave cereals or oats or anything like that - not even fruit (although I do miss the delicate flavours of fruit...and in season will get stuck in a little more; peaches, strawberries, cherries...mmmm

the ONLY thing that gets me is bleedin' chocolate!! (and nuts too sometimes...although have managed to keep a bag of macadamias in the cupboard for several weeks, just having one or two at a time. but i know if they were salted or flavoured I would steam-roller through them)
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

I wouldn't say that I "crave" the pizza, since I never think about it unprompted. I also consider myself lucky that once I gave up grains, I stopped craving them entirely (even tortilla chips, which were my weakness). But, that specific brick oven pizza is tricky, since I know that it would be uncommonly delicious and my family and friends are always eating it in front of me.

I can't control myself around chocolate either though, and it's not even the sugar - I eat unsweetened cocoa when I get desperate! *hangs head in shame*

Nuts are tricky, but if I can avoid salted/flavoured ones (and any cashews, period) I usually do ok too.

I can't control myself around chocolate either though, and it's not even the sugar - I eat unsweetened cocoa when I get desperate! *hangs head in shame*
    it's okay - you are amongst friends.

stone bake pizza is good - although i know i'll get that pain in my stomach and it's just not worth it...x
    Scottish Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    it's okay - you are amongst friends.
    Hi. My name's Rebecca, and I'm a chocoholic. I've been clean for 11 hours.

r_squared02 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    Hi. My name's Rebecca, and I'm a chocoholic. I've been clean for 11 hours.
    Hey, me too! Although it probably hasn't been 11 hours for me, lol.

gini is offline Senior Member
    1) Eating out or in other people's homes where I don't have any say in the food. Sometimes I just do the best I can.
    2) Prep & cook time - I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
    3) Cost: grass fed/pastured etc gets expensive.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast